British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

17 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Wallinger didn’t need last long! Jenkins is making a big commitment now though cos he’ll want a 2.00 average for next season so can’t score that many :blink:

I doubt Brummies have enough meetings left for him to get an average.  Or is 4 home, 4 away enough?

Just have to thank the Promotion for not letting our season fizzle out, which would have been a very easy option!

Instead they give us Jason Garrity !!!

He is without doubt the most exciting rider i've seen at Perry Barr in a very long time!

On the form he's showing, he'll be back in the England set up before too long!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Just have to thank the Promotion for not letting our season fizzle out, which would have been a very easy option!

Instead they give us Jason Garrity !!!

He is without doubt the most exciting rider i've seen at Perry Barr in a very long time!

On the form he's showing, he'll be back in the England set up before too long!

Jason is capable of bursts of brilliance but is so prone to injury, because of the way he overrides, that he never reaches any kind of sustained level of consistency. He has already peaked as a rider in my opinion and has failed to learn from experience.

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying.

He's still young and maturity hits different riders at different ages!?

I hope he stays injury free, because he's a revelation so far as entertainment goes at PB!

The last rider I saw ride a bike like Jason was the 'brilliant/breath taking' Kelly Moran !?

36 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I hear what you're saying.

He's still young and maturity hits different riders at different ages!?

I hope he stays injury free, because he's a revelation so far as entertainment goes at PB!

The last rider I saw ride a bike like Jason was the 'brilliant/breath taking' Kelly Moran !?

He is certainly entertaining.

• Like 1

He also has a massive will to win !

Something a lot of our National sports individuals/teams don't have! (imo)

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

He also has a massive will to win !

Something a lot of our National sports individuals/teams don't have! (imo)

His biggest problem is he leaves his brain in the toolbox to many times.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

His biggest problem is he leaves his brain in the toolbox to many times.

LOL......that's part/parcel of being a speedway rider isn't it? :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

LOL......that's part/parcel of being a speedway rider isn't it? :lol:

He is certainly not a rider who just goes through the motions,I could name a few who do at times.!

Those 2 points away at Scunthorpe should see the Brummies avoid the 2019 Championship Wooden Spoon.  If they can keep the current septet fit one would think only Leicester should trouble them in the remaining home fixtures and a chance of away points still at Newcastle, Berwick & Edinburgh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Those 2 points away at Scunthorpe should see the Brummies avoid the 2019 Championship Wooden Spoon.  If they can keep the current septet fit one would think only Leicester should trouble them in the remaining home fixtures and a chance of away points still at Newcastle, Berwick & Edinburgh.

very much agree

we finally have top end grunt and lower end power and whilst the Danish kid has not delivered great points yet he shows potential.

if we can avoid bottom (wooden spoon) no reason why we can't finish closer to middle than top and we should have Newcastle, Berwick, Edinburgh and Eastbourne in our sights as not out of the question we can't finish 6th or 7th and that would be a great achievement.

Just a shame we started so poorly and had no chance in KOC or Shield before we even started season in reality.

Lot of credit to David and Peter Mason and Laurence for persevering and hopefully will encourage them to try again in 2020.

Crowds are building as is atmosphere and place feels good again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bad news today concerning James Shanes, and hopefully he'll make a full and speedy recovery.

Will Brummies bring in a replacement for him, and who is it likely to be?

10 hours ago, KevH said:

Bad news today concerning James Shanes, and hopefully he'll make a full and speedy recovery.

Will Brummies bring in a replacement for him, and who is it likely to be?

Agertoft at reserve and R/R for James : ( (hope he recovers without any long term effects)

With James Shanes unfortunately out for the rest of the season & Jordan Jenkins taking a break from the sport, could the Brummies possibly look into making 2 changes by bringing in Ben Morley ( 3.81 ) & Danyon Hume ( 3.27 ) in the reserve berths with Nick Agertoft reverting back to the number 2 position. Bearing in mind that Morley had well over a 4.5 point average whilst riding at number 2 for Lakeside last season and at Eastbourne for the first 3 months of this season before being let go & Hume is getting his confidence back after injuries last season with excellent performances for Leicester Cubs in the NDL.

A run in a reserve berth along side Hume would give the Brummies a strong looking reserve pairing compared to other Championship teams instead of having a 2.00 rider with little experience in this league.

• Like 4

Would seem a no brainier Dave1075 could be a very strong reserve pairing