British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Now Agertoft has got an official average, I'm not sure it's worth keeping him in the side for the rest of the year if there is a better option.

• Like 2

Can anyone say what the track is like now there using a new shale? Hope it rides better 

No problems with the track tonight.

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Can anyone say what the track is like now there using a new shale? Hope it rides better 

rubbish . I prepare bases for many things for a living and have done for 20 years . The volunteers who pull the loose little bit of shale/gravel back every now and then are peeing in the wind.  you need proper people with proper equipment like myself . problem is it comes at a cost . The track graders rakes dont even have teeth there flat . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Col said:

No problems with the track tonight.

I assume you never walked it in the interval then ? The track is so patchy with different material spread all over it .

By the way i do not mean any disrespect to the actual guys that do actually do it but if they were employed and paid to do that job they would be sacked . Most would not be strong enough or physically capable to do that job.Now people will/may disagree but that is just a fact . 

16 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I assume you never walked it in the interval then ? The track is so patchy with different material spread all over it .

I did not walk the track, looked fine from the stands. Bit dusty later on, but nothing like a few meetings ago when there was so much dust turns 3&4 looked like they'd been hit by a sandstorm.

10 minutes ago, Col said:

I did not walk the track, looked fine from the stands. Bit dusty later on, but nothing like a few meetings ago when there was so much dust turns 3&4 looked like they'd been hit by a sandstorm.

Like i say all down to weather and track prep . granted we dont get a unlimited amount of time to prep the track .I take that on board but it is poor i can tell visually just by glancing (trained eye its my job ) the track is poor/ patchy inconsistent material.  

Without been offence but as is the case with most people you only see/look at the superficial aspects of the /any track . unless you know what your actually looking at you would not know .

I know i sound like a a hole but i dont mean to . I am sure you can teach/tell me a thing or two about your job . 

By the way i am not saying the track is dangerous either before anyone says.

If anyone wants to PM me i am more than happy to discuss (not argue ) any track prep.

• Like 1

No ruts, no blue groove, little dust. Works for me. Even gates?

Philip Hellstroem-Baengs Swedish season is over, sign him up! He has impressed on the TV, only 16 I think.

Edited by Col

6 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

By the way i do not mean any disrespect to the actual guys that do actually do it but if they were employed and paid to do that job they would be sacked . Most would not be strong enough or physically capable to do that job.Now people will/may disagree but that is just a fact . 

Can I ask what you know about speedway track prep? Have you ever done the job? 

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

rubbish . I prepare bases for many things for a living and have done for 20 years . The volunteers who pull the loose little bit of shale/gravel back every now and then are peeing in the wind.  you need proper people with proper equipment like myself . problem is it comes at a cost . The track graders rakes dont even have teeth there flat . 

I think B'ham need a 'skilled' track curator since 'Terry' has left ? may be you could open discussions with them? ( genuine suggestion...)

Tobias Thomsen returns to replace James Shanes for the rest of the season.

Is that better than R/R? Any news on a replacement for Jenkins?

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Tobias Thomsen returns to replace James Shanes for the rest of the season.

Are there really no other options out there? He only averaged 2 points a meeting earlier in the year. I know the season is coming to the end but still we could get someone in with a view to next season.  

If Thomsen gets an average from the remaining fixtures, isn't that giving another option for next year?