British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Adam is a Swindon asset and as long as we can sort out his Danish commitments would be great guy to build team around.

I'd assume if we offer him a season deal he would commit and ditch Danish League.

Garrity is fantastic to watch but like Ben Barker can be "high maintenance" and whilst would love to have him back comes with risks.

Tero a "must have" in my opinions and fingers crossed Shansey is fit for start of 2020 season.

I hope Brummies look again at Kyle Newman,  he was asked to do a 2nd Heat Leader job in a weak starting 1-7, never had a chance and was dropped but has done well since and with some confidence restored would make great second string.

35 minutes ago, HGould said:

Tero a "must have" in my opinions and fingers crossed Shansey is fit for start of 2020 season.

I hope Brummies look again at Kyle Newman,  he was asked to do a 2nd Heat Leader job in a weak starting 1-7, never had a chance and was dropped but has done well since and with some confidence restored would make great second string.  

Why so keen on Aarnio?

Newman is another on a similar average to Morris, Castagna & Shanes (5.00-5.50).

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Adam is a Swindon asset and as long as we can sort out his Danish commitments would be great guy to build team around.

I'd assume if we offer him a season deal he would commit and ditch Danish League.

Garrity is fantastic to watch but like Ben Barker can be "high maintenance" and whilst would love to have him back comes with risks.

Think Kyle will be at Eastie again next year to be honest, improved over the season and liked by the fans.

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That transaction was nullified by the BSPA management committee last season - at that time Jason became a BSPA asset.

I thought that when questions were asked but not sure. Does this mean MPT is still our asset?

Wouldn't want to re-sign Newman ….

definite starters will be Paco/Shanes/Thomsen and Agertoft imo…. I think Morris/Ellis and Arnio would most likely be the other three?

If my prediction is correct....then we would be definite favourites for the 'wooden spoon' again!

Hope I'm wrong......I probably wouldn't want Thomsen/Agertoft/Paco (the latter faded badly this season and very limited) lacks a bit of bottle to make the step up? imo…..

• Like 2

Agertoft and Paco a big no for me .The first been a HUGE no.

Ash Morris and James Shanes and Tero Aarnio a must .

Ellis yes but only if Denmark  is ditched.

Thomsen i think yes if he is 4.00 i would sign him i think. 

Garrity i am not sure reliability is always a issue 

Tom Perry a no also.

Stoneman on a 2.00 would also be welcome back.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Danyom Hume is worth a punt at reserve on 3.27 IMO. Bit erratic bit but certainly quick.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Col said:

Danyom Hume is worth a punt at reserve on 3.27 IMO. Bit erratic bit but certainly quick.

Yeah maybe not too sure . He was a bit bitter on social media when he was replaced so not sure he will be in a hurry to return.

Guess it depends what other offers he may get. 

18 hours ago, Col said:

Why so keen on Aarnio?

He had a slow start due to machinery problems and injuries, but he more than proved himself in the last half a dozen matches: he won the last one for us, and saved the draw against Scunthorpe by a sensational pass of both riders. At the end of the last Perry Barr match, he came round the fans shaking hands with us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, *JJ said:

He had a slow start due to machinery problems and injuries, but he more than proved himself in the last half a dozen matches: he won the last one for us, and saved the draw against Scunthorpe by a sensational pass of both riders. At the end of the last Perry Barr match, he came round the fans shaking hands with us.

Agree last few meeting he really started to engage with the fans at Perry Barr  on his last average of 6.31 he is real value. Can do a job both home and away as a heat leader .

• Like 1

Fair enough on Aarnio, you have to hope his parent club deem him surplus to requirements.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Fair enough on Aarnio, you have to hope his parent club deem him surplus to requirements.

Does that really matter? Riders tend to ride where they want to irrespective of who owns them.