British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Would love Broc nicol but we have no chance unless Sheffield go up a league as rumoured . Even then every team in the league will be after him on that average. Kemp Jury is out he has gone backwards this season for a reason unknown to me. He has dropped almost 3.00 points of his NL average this season and currently unsure if his any value. Again Kyle is on a decent average now a whole point less than we signed him on but i think he is Eastbourne bound as he has been popular down there.

16 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Adam Ellis,Tero Aarnio,James shanes ,Ash Morris  and Tobias Thomsen still leaves 9.5 points assuming a 38 point limit ....  maybe  Garrity and stoneman/ Gilkes  ?

No way will points limit be 38 as it has been a disaster. This league will revert back to 42.5 or 40 points at the minimum.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

No way will points limit be 38 as it has been a disaster. This league will revert back to 42.5 or 40 points at the minimum.

I think 40 to start with and up to 42 mid season

I'm also convinced Nichol won't go to a weekend track like Eastbourne as they (Team Hagon) will want to get him on to Continent (Poland or invitational meetings) most weekends, that's way Becker has gone and seems to have worked well. 

Masons will know Hagons pretty well so no harm in making a bid.

10 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Shouldn't a Birmingham Brummies 2020 thread now be started?

That is the job of Brummie_ste . Unwritten rule.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I suspect there will be a riot if either Agertoft or Thomsen are signed.

No: Thomsen showed plenty of potential in his last two matches: 10 against Scunthorpe, including winning Heat 1. Agertoft has shown that he can win Heat 2; if he spends the winter learning to gate, he will be worth a punt. Both are Brummies assets.

Edited by *JJ

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Would love Broc nicol but we have no chance unless Sheffield go up a league as rumoured . Even then every team in the league will be after him on that average. Kemp Jury is out he has gone backwards this season for a reason unknown to me. He has dropped almost 3.00 points of his NL average this season and currently unsure if his any value. Again Kyle is on a decent average now a whole point less than we signed him on but i think he is Eastbourne bound as he has been popular down there.

Dont give up on Kemp he would of learned an awful lot this season watch him on you tube in the under 21 final at Belle Vue he was really in the mix.He has had a tough time and Sheffield in the top 5 come to soon for him  but next year he can improve also it just's shows you how the NL has got stronger.

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Kemp is a talent ,still very young.Bickley hasn’t progressed as much as he would have either but needs more time IMO

Would love to see Danny Ayres at Brum.....I know he gets on well with the owners.

I think Tom Bacon will be back ?

Arnio definitely finished the season with a lot of credit, so I'd take him back too.

As for team building? I suggest signing a No.1 first and then build a team around him....which is totally the opposite to what we did last year ( but there was legitimate reasons for that...)

Ellis/Morris/Shanes/Bacon/Ayres/Arnio/Thomsen :t:

I'd love Garrity back but I expect other clubs to be chasing him?

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Would love to see Danny Ayres at Brum.....I know he gets on well with the owners.

I think Tom Bacon will be back ?

Arnio definitely finished the season with a lot of credit, so I'd take him back too.

As for team building? I suggest signing a No.1 first and then build a team around him....which is totally the opposite to what we did last year ( but there was legitimate reasons for that...)

Ellis/Morris/Shanes/Bacon/Ayres/Arnio/Thomsen :t:

I'd love Garrity back but I expect other clubs to be chasing him?

Garrity like Barker is running out of options with his mentality.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I totally see/understand your point.....but Garrity light up Perry Barr every time he took to the track!

He just needs man managing.....Peter Adams style!

He could make the National team if he wanted it?!

He reminds me a bit like David Norris (ex Eastbourne)

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Literally just read a facebook post about Ben Barker and 150+ comments on the topic..... I want him no where near perry barr ....If we signed him i would refuse to go and pay towards that scum bags earnings. 

6 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Literally just read a facebook post about Ben Barker and 150+ comments on the topic..... I want him no where near perry barr ....If we signed him i would refuse to go and pay towards that scum bags earnings. 

Controversy follows Mr.Barker where ever he goes but do you believe absolutely everything you read on Facebook?

Whilst I personally wouldn't lend him a second hand elastic band I also believe key board trolls do love to add fuel to a fire. 

If he is as guilty as they make out I'm sure the Police would have been involved and then we all would have read about it.

Barker is a talent on a bike. 

He may be a bit of a rogue off it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Controversy follows Mr.Barker where ever he goes but do you believe absolutely everything you read on Facebook?

Whilst I personally wouldn't lend him a second hand elastic band I also believe key board trolls do love to add fuel to a fire. 

If he is as guilty as they make out I'm sure the Police would have been involved and then we all would have read about it.

Barker is a talent on a bike. 

He may be a bit of a rogue off it.

So his own family are lying ?

There are some very reliable sources commenting on there and some people heavily involved in the sport .  

I do get your point though.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

12 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

So his own family are lying ?

There are some very reliable sources commenting on there and some people heavily involved in the sport .  

I do get your point though.

Let's say the legal people might say they are an ' unreliable source'.