British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

56 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Would love to see Danny Ayres at Brum.....I know he gets on well with the owners.

I think Tom Bacon will be back ?

Arnio definitely finished the season with a lot of credit, so I'd take him back too.

As for team building? I suggest signing a No.1 first and then build a team around him....which is totally the opposite to what we did last year ( but there was legitimate reasons for that...)

Ellis/Morris/Shanes/Bacon/Ayres/Arnio/Thomsen :t:

I'd love Garrity back but I expect other clubs to be chasing him?

more like chasing him out of the door . anyone want to put a dont touch with a bargepole thread on here . would be interesting .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Would love to see Danny Ayres at Brum.....I know he gets on well with the owners.

I think Tom Bacon will be back ?

Arnio definitely finished the season with a lot of credit, so I'd take him back too.

As for team building? I suggest signing a No.1 first and then build a team around him....which is totally the opposite to what we did last year ( but there was legitimate reasons for that...)

Ellis/Morris/Shanes/Bacon/Ayres/Arnio/Thomsen :t:

I'd love Garrity back but I expect other clubs to be chasing him?

I can see both Danny and Jason wearing Scorpion colours again next season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Literally just read a facebook post about Ben Barker and 150+ comments on the topic..... I want him no where near perry barr ....If we signed him i would refuse to go and pay towards that scum bags earnings. 

Ben Barker has been nothing but a pleasure at Scunthorpe.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Ben Barker has been nothing but a pleasure at Scunthorpe.

He was at Birmingham too. All this business about his financial life is for the promoters to worry about, IMO, not fans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *JJ said:

All this business about his financial life is for the promoters to worry about...…....

And potential sponsors......

On 9/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, *JJ said:

He was at Birmingham too. All this business about his financial life is for the promoters to worry about, IMO, not fans.

His professionalism has to be the worry though ,is it affecting his performances ,he certainly is  not the rider he used to be.

Edited by Fromafar

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

Not when its the fans he is ripping off im afraid. 

• Like 1

So what has Barker supposedly done this time?

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Fromafar said:

His professionalism has to be the worry though ,is it affecting his performances ,he certainly is  not the rider he used to be.

Since joining us, he has been used on many occasions as a guest so IS doing something right.

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Since joining us, he has been used on many occasions as a guest so IS doing something right.

Looking after his average;)

Scored 10 from 5 in his last home meeting for us & scored 14 from 5 away at Birmingham. Scores, as a guest, do not contribute to your average. 

BIRMINGHAM boss Laurence Rogers was proud of his side’s battling efforts in their final fixture of the season.

How embarrassing. Serial losers mentality.  

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, The Dog said:

£4.50 does sound a tad expensive but is probably in line with most stadiums/events nowadays. Can only suggest that you fill yourself up before the meeting and hope you survive the 90mins or so without the fear of malnutrition my friend.

£5.50 at Lynn for Fosters.:neutral:

Just now, therefused said:

This was four years ago though?

Oooppps,i never noticed, what a prat:oops: