British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

3 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Very impressed with Michelle’s start to the season winning 50% of his races so far. Keep it up 

'Michele'. The beard is a bit obvious for a woman!  :D

On 4/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, guitar_art said:

I have noted recently amongst some Brummies (Not many by any means.) A sort of expectation and a feeling that we deserve to always win. I have no idea where this has come from and is something that I expect from some football fans and the odd Cradley fan. I really hope it doesnt become catching. The truth about our team is that it was built firstly to make sure we continue as a club. Hopefully no Workington or Alan Phillips syndrome hear. So whatever anyones opinion about Ulrich (And I dont think we have seen enough yet to come up with a credible opinion.) the chance of him being replaced anytime soon is at best unrealistic. Its time to hunker down and support our team through thick and thin. The most important thing is to build from here on up and this takes support and money. We have made a good start. Tobias looks to be the real deal (but again on one showing, as with Ulrich we need to see more.) Paco turns out (with a similar caveat.) not to be the disaster that was predicted. Ashley was the best rider on show last Wednesday. Ulrich may not stay at number one but thats not a real disaster if others take up the mantle. Anyway my guess is that if any changes are made as some are predicting it wont be until the permited team average goes up.

I completely agree, for me the number 1 priority is long term stability of the club especially after what happened in 2014. We are newcomers to the league, you dont run before you can walk and we arnt in the same position as some of the more established teams with more resources.

The management have done their best bearing in mind how late they decided. In reality we are 1 rider away in my opinion from having a decent side, its just we lack a number 1, the rest is okay. I do like Ulrich but like everyone has said hes not a number 1 although to give him credit he looked better last night at Somerset. 

Edited by Brummie Kev

On 4/6/2019 at 11:14 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fair play to Paco - I was quite blunt about his inclusion. Two good wins in the first meeting is already more than I expected he would get in the first month

He is a great character and if he continues to add a few decent point hauls to that would certainly justify his place

I wouldnt be unhappy to be proved wrong! :)

Really glad Paco has started well, he will be a fan favourite for sure:)

How does someone (Ulrich) scoring above their average get classed as poor? He rode his heart out on Wednesday night.

Look at most other teams, they too are just getting warmed up

So who is replacing Zack and James at Eastbourne on Good Friday?  Both are due to ride for Swindon at Poole with an 11.30 start.

Eastbourne is due to start racing at 3pm?!

Raised this the other day, Eastbourne match has priority as BSPA have confirmed PL only have priority on Monday's and Thursday's; absolutely cast iron CL takes priority on a Friday; so would think it's Swindon who will be needing Guests and not us. James is our asset too, bit trickier with Zac as he is a Swindon asset. Been in our Fixture list since they were issued so seems Poole or Swindon or both have not taken heed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Raised this the other day, Eastbourne match has priority as BSPA have confirmed PL only have priority on Monday's and Thursday's; absolutely cast iron CL takes priority on a Friday; so would think it's Swindon who will be needing Guests and not us. James is our asset too, bit trickier with Zac as he is a Swindon asset. Been in our Fixture list since they were issued so seems Poole or Swindon or both have not taken heed.

You are spot on. Championship has priority on a Friday, no ifs or buts.

Seen on the Eastbourne website that they have listed James and Zach as riding for the Brummies.

• Like 1

Confirmed tonight that Zach and James are riding for the Brummies at Eastbourne on Good Friday. Championship has priority over Premiership unless its a Monday or Thursday.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So who is replacing Zack and James at Eastbourne on Good Friday?  Both are due to ride for Swindon at Poole with an 11.30 start.

Eastbourne is due to start racing at 3pm?!

And Richie worrall at Redcar for Leicester 

Zach and James are at Eastbourne Swindon have Berge and Sarjeant riding for them

6 hours ago, Anzum said:

Zach and James are at Eastbourne Swindon have Berge and Sarjeant riding for them

BSPA have stepped in and told Swindon that Brummies have priority as Friday is CL priority day.

• Like 4

For any of you Brummies coming south on Good Friday, there is a note on Eastbourne speedway site which says they may experience 4G/3G problems with credit/debit card readers so best to bring cash as a back-up.

Hope no-one minds but I have copied this from the Eastbourne website as it does seem important:

Please be advised that we encountered problems with our Card Reader machines at the last meeting linked to 4G problems in the area that are completely outside of our control. 

We are waiting for a hard-wire solution, but would advise all supporters that it may be prudent to have a cash payment option in case of further problems. 

Our equipment works perfectly and is state-of-the-art, but when 3G/4G signals drop out due to transmitter issues, and  are exacerbated by our remote location, we have absolutely no control or ability to fix, and do not wish to upset anyone who only has a card payment option in that eventuality.

• Like 2

Not having been to a Brummies home meeting since the 1960's I would be interested if someone could let me know what the spectator facilities are like now at Perry Bar (I seem to remember they were pretty basic in the good old days!). For example is there plenty of seating in the stands or would I need to get there early to be sure of a seat. Also where is it best to park (what's parking like at the stadium)  and how far is the other parking from the stadium in minutes walking. Any help would be appreciated. Sad to say it looks unlikely that the present good weather will last until the Lions come calling next Wednesday!

4 hours ago, HGould said:

BSPA have stepped in and told Swindon that Brummies have priority as Friday is CL priority day.

Told you so.

Rule 16.1.1

The facilities are on the whole very good but, there is no real outside seating. There is however an excellent indoor restaurant with superb seating and viewing 

car parking is available at the stadium for a small charge but spaces are limited

mist people park at the one stop shipping centre snout two minutes walk from the stadium and it is free