British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

This could be the most crucial signing of our season get it right and i feel we could now be pushing for top 4 .I would love to see Becker or BWD come in.

Ellis missing ? Again

Just read report that Hans Andersen got injured in Denmark yesterday,

riding for Grinsted.

Could we be missing Ellis for the next few weeks ?

Grinsted have fixtures for next 3 Wednesdays.

45 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Ellis missing ? Again

Just read report that Hans Andersen got injured in Denmark yesterday,

riding for Grinsted.

Grinsted have fixtures for next 3 Wednesdays.

It will be a complete disaster if he is .

11 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

It will be a complete disaster if he is .

But surely they knew this when signing him? 

16 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

But surely they knew this when signing him? 

Knew what ? is he missing the next 3 home meetings? 

Don't be surprised if you don't see Adam again, or certainly not for the full season.

As for the names mentioned, all very fine riders but on crowds we are getting I can't see us having the money to sign them.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Knew what ? is he missing the next 3 home meetings? 

Knew he’d possibly be missing home meetings. He’d already agreed a deal to ride in Denmark so they get priority over Birmingham I’d assume your promoters would’ve knew this before signing him! And I’ve no idea if he will miss the next 3 home meetings that mainly depends if he gets picked for his danish team.

2 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Grinsted have fixtures for next 3 Wednesdays

That'll have the creative thinkers mulling over how to deceive the paying public again, in another attempt to make them believe that "nothing's the matter". I wonder what they will come up with this time?

Well we've had the "run out of electricity" excuse, so can't use that one again...what else will they come up with?

• A burst water main? It almost worked for Belle Vue, but you never know, learn some lessons from it and do it properly next time.
  • A bomb scare? Could be serious consequences if they get found out pulling off that hoax, so it's doubtful
  • Staff Shortages? What would happen if there wasn't a Clerk of the Course, or a Start Marshall because they got "held up in traffic" or something?
  • A Food Hygiene issue causing the whole stadium to be quarantined?
  • A localised suspected Smallpox outbreak again causing the whole stadium to be quarantined?
  • Suspected Rabies found in one of the greyhounds causing the whole stadium to be quarantined?

Take your pick, any of them will be as ridiculous as the next. Well, would you put it past them try it on again?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

That'll have the creative thinkers mulling over how to deceive the paying public again, in another attempt to make them believe that "nothing's the matter". I wonder what they will come up with this time?

Well we've had the "run out of electricity" excuse, so can't use that one again...what else will they come up with?

• A burst water main? It almost worked for Belle Vue, but you never know, learn some lessons from it and do it properly next time.
  • A bomb scare? Could be serious consequences if they get found out pulling off that hoax, so it's doubtful
  • Staff Shortages? What would happen if there wasn't a Clerk of the Course, or a Start Marshall because they got "held up in traffic" or something?
  • A localised suspected Smallpox outbreak again causing the whole stadium to be quarantined?
  • Suspected Rabies found in one of the greyhounds causing the whole stadium to be quarantined?

Take your pick, any of them will be as ridiculous as the next. Well, would you put it past them try it on again?

it might just rain every Wednesday 

31 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

You forgot alien spaceship landing on the centre green

I am reliably informed Adam Ellis will NOT be riding in place of the injured Hans Anderson in Denmark as they are Different graded riders. Max Fricke is the A grade rider they have as replacement . I am pretty sure it is sorted so any Birmingham fixture will have priority over any Danish fixture for Adam . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

42 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am reliably informed Adam Ellis will NOT be riding in place of the injured Hans Anderson in Denmark as they are Different graded riders. Max Fricke is the A grade rider they have as replacement . I am pretty sure it is sorted so any Birmingham fixture will have priority over any Danish fixture for Adam . 

Ellis not riding in Denmark on Wednesday if you look at last post on the Grinsted Facebook page 10 hours ago. Translated from Danish:

After a annoying night in outrup, where his andersen got a break on skulderklinger, we are now getting ready for Wednesday's match at Kjærgaard Speedway Arena in grindsted, where we are meeting esbjerg.The weather forecast looks promising, so come and see some good racing: we are ready with sausages on the grill 

Our team is:

Max Fricke
Thomas Jørgensen
Nicolai Bush
Kasper Andersen
Emil grøndal

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Don't be surprised if you don't see Adam again, or certainly not for the full season.

As for the names mentioned, all very fine riders but on crowds we are getting I can't see us having the money to sign them.

You do not think Adam will ride again ? are you just guessing or serious ? seems a very odd thing to say unless you know something ?

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Oh you cynic.....:D