British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

37 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Lawrence is a good/nice guy, but may be not the best tactically...?

He's not had much luck since he's been at PB with injuries to key riders etc....

I'd question the tactical reasons behind Agertoft signing? but it could purely be down to lack of finances and we only have 'low' attendances to blame for that!?

I do not question that he is a nice guy i indeed think he is. my comments are solely on a professional basis not a personal one .  

I again completely agree we have had rotten luck out of his control and he does not control the purse strings.

He was a rider set up for 2020 and opted to bring him in early due to budget is what Laurence said.

It still does change the fact to come out and say i did not bother because it made no difference is appalling and rubs off on other people.

• Like 1

Laurence is often scapegoated because he doesn't hide and takes a lot of the flak for various Promoters he has worked for.

He is the front man for Mason's and goes a good job shielding them.

Also on Speedway Tavern last night some moans about match at Eastbourne being called off and people booking hotels.

Fortunately I always look on rival team websites for any clues about local Hotels (a few do have recommendations) and as a result of following specific advice on Eastbournes excellent site I got a Hotel I did paid for but could cancel up to 1pm on day of arrival - perfect for speedway as it points out. Full refund from Hotel in 24 hours - super thank you Premier Inn!  I also mailed Eastbourne and asked why match was off at short notice. Had a courteous prompt reply explaining that they had to ride Shield semi before 31 July but that every date they gave Glasgow was not convenient for Glasgow so BSPA gave dispensation to run on day we were there and insisted match replaced out Fixture. Case of BSPA / Glasgow and Eastbourne getting their knickers in a twist!

Always check on opponents sites for Hotels though the few that have information have saved me a packet over the years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Laurence is often scapegoated because he doesn't hide and takes a lot of the flak for various Promoters he has worked for.

He is the front man for Mason's and goes a good job shielding them.

Also on Speedway Tavern last night some moans about match at Eastbourne being called off and people booking hotels.

Fortunately I always look on rival team websites for any clues about local Hotels (a few do have recommendations) and as a result of following specific advice on Eastbournes excellent site I got a Hotel I did paid for but could cancel up to 1pm on day of arrival - perfect for speedway as it points out. Full refund from Hotel in 24 hours - super thank you Premier Inn!  I also mailed Eastbourne and asked why match was off at short notice. Had a courteous prompt reply explaining that they had to ride Shield semi before 31 July but that every date they gave Glasgow was not convenient for Glasgow so BSPA gave dispensation to run on day we were there and insisted match replaced out Fixture. Case of BSPA / Glasgow and Eastbourne getting their knickers in a twist!

Always check on opponents sites for Hotels though the few that have information have saved me a packet over the years.  

Or cheaper still..... drive there/back same day….done it loads of times!

If Ellis has broken collarbone as suspected, from what he said on centre green Morris isn't back anytime soon & no Aarnio update. Might as well start from scratch, Shanes aside.

1 hour ago, Col said:

If Ellis has broken collarbone as suspected, from what he said on centre green Morris isn't back anytime soon & no Aarnio update. Might as well start from scratch, Shanes aside.

David Bellego perhaps

Regards 

THJ 

If possible I'd start Bewley & Becker.

10 minutes ago, Col said:

If possible I'd start Bewley & Becker.

Becker can't, only has visa / work permit, for the premier league.

Is that only for assessed averages? Becker must have done enough meetings to have his PL average converted by now. Nicol has, else a PL team couldn't have signed him

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Is that only for assessed averages? Becker must have done enough meetings to have his PL average converted by now. Nicol has, else a PL team couldn't have signed him

It has nothing to do with averages. Its all to do, with having a work permit, for each league. As I understand it, he only has a work permit  for the prem, as does say Jaimon Lidsey. If they wanted to do it, they would have to apply for an extra work permit. This is how it was explained to me.

Get the track right then work on the team....atm, sign anyone that can gate and we'll win every meeting!

If it's true about 'Terry' (trackman) giving up (wish him well btw) then we've got big problems if last night is anything to go by?

Get Priest/Browning back asap!

• Like 1

Great move by the 'Masons' for next Home Meeting?

£10 entry for any local football fan with a season ticket to their club!

Hope it attracts a few more through the turnstiles.....

We have been hit from the start with Bad Luck,, not for the want of trying. The decision to release riders was a good decision, replacing them with riders with a future.  However we are 3 heat leaders out injured !!!  who do we get in place of ??  its late in the season unless management has a card up their sleeve.  Come on supporters get behind the Club,  or loose it !

• Like 3

Thinking of popping along to the next home meeting as a few Ex Bees riders racing for Somerset, just waiting to see the team Brum will be fielding.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

needs a big shake up starting with the team manager .

they will certainly need to look at a few short term ones but hopefully not penny pinching or has been's

wonder if Nathan would come back - had a bad deal really...