British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

jason lyons is not a has been , is he ?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

they will certainly need to look at a few short term ones but hopefully not penny pinching or has been's

wonder if Nathan would come back - had a bad deal really...

Thought Stoneman was injured ? besides, he's not gona make much difference ?

11 hours ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Thinking of popping along to the next home meeting as a few Ex Bees riders racing for Somerset, just waiting to see the team Brum will be fielding.

Likely to be unknown until Tuesday.

Guest for Ellis, Agertoft, Castagna, Guest for Morris, R/R Aarnio, Hume, Shanes is my best guess at this point.

(B'ham) R/R for Ellis....... Ty Proctor and Jye Etheridge in as guests at Redcar tonight.

(Redcar) Kerr guests for the absent Riss .

Laurence says there's good news for next Wednesday as Aarnio is possibly back??? Not sure why that's good news as he has been below average imo since signing?

We'd have more chance against a very strong Somerset side if we had a guest replacement.

Think that's possibly the last we see of Ellis this season?

33 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Think that's possibly the last we see of Ellis this season?

If it is a broken collarbone then recuperation isn't a long period, assuming its a clean break and its not a recurrence.  Brummies have a 2 weeks off after the Somerset meeting, its possible Ellis could be back by the time the Scorpions visit on 14/08.  Eagles visit on 7/8 I would suggest would be unlikely.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

(B'ham) R/R for Ellis....... Ty Proctor and Jye Etheridge in as guests at Redcar tonight.

(Redcar) Kerr guests for the absent Riss .

I'm not sure this is correct anymore. Redcar posted it in their preview but it now says guests to be confirmed

Edit: I'd imagine it's cause Etheridge can't guest. By my reckoning his average is higher than Morris

Edited by Marshall07

Looking at the current forecast, there's a good chance that the meeting might be called off tonight ?

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looking at the current forecast, there's a good chance that the meeting might be called off tonight ?

I've decided reluctantly not to travel up. Looks very wet up in that area for most of the weekend.

He may be a nice guy but there is no doubting that Rogers is very often involved with vastly under the limit sides. 

• Like 1

Ty Proctor will now guest in place of Adam Ellis, with Ulrich Ostergaard guesting in place of Tero Aarnio. Rider replacement will operate for Ashley Morris.

No rain yet but forecast for this afternoon.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I've decided reluctantly not to travel up. Looks very wet up in that area for most of the weekend.

There's no rain forecast for the evening, only the afternoon, which will not put this match in doubt. The weekend forecast is good which is why I WILL be travelling to the meeting and spending the weekend in the area ( Whitby ).

It rained at Birmingham on Wednesday , which was not forecast, didn't affect the meeting.

why are fans so fickle ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

There's no rain forecast for the evening, only the afternoon, which will not put this match in doubt. The weekend forecast is good which is why I WILL be travelling to the meeting and spending the weekend in the area ( Whitby ).

It rained at Birmingham on Wednesday , which was not forecast, didn't affect the meeting.

why are fans so fickle ?

It's not being fickle, it's being sensible. The cost of fuel and the journey time is bad enough, without gambling with a dodgy weather forecast. It's down to the individual to weigh up the risks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Ty Proctor will now guest in place of Adam Ellis, with Ulrich Ostergaard guesting in place of Tero Aarnio. Rider replacement will operate for Ashley Morris.

No rain yet but forecast for this afternoon.

There's irony for you, someone coming in,  as a replacement, for the person, who replaced them initially.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

why are fans so fickle ?

Don't think it's fickle going to every home meeting and 75% of away matches. Heavy thundery rain is forecast and my plans for tomorrow involving one of sons cricket team up near Newcastle where he lives; also in massive doubt, so I prefer to sit this one out.

• Like 1