British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

20 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Garrity's van is due a service on August 23rd so will be unavailable that day

Will the meeting be on then:D

33 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Garrity's van is due a service on August 23rd so will be unavailable that day

He'll be keeping the MOT up his sleeve for future use!

5 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Garrity and Wallinger been signed to replace Morris and Hume.

WHAT?

Edited by GiveusaB

S Worrall guesting for Ellis this week then? Well done to the club for getting it out early.

Not sure they had many options to them? Worrall is ok if he makes the gate, but with him and Garrity in the side, we can expect a lot of re=runs for jumping the start!

Is Stoneman still injured then …..surely got to be better than Wallinger and Agertoft ???

Edited by GiveusaB

8 hours ago, pete cc said:

Wallinger !!. Don't hold your breath 

I can't work that signing out at all ??? 

Also, Agertoft is clearly not ready for Championship speedway???

I can only think that its down to limited finances.....which I can understand.

Just don't want us to lose 'regular' supporters because of a non-competitive team?

I always think that the ridiculously low team average the BSPA insist on every year doesn't help, if a rider gets injured you generally end up changing 2 riders and there's always an innocent party that loses his place, which makes clubs look bad.

On the positive side, the Masons always promised the fans entertainment and they don't come more exciting than Garrity, he was a Cardiff reserve 5 yrs ago so the talent is definitely there and he is another 100% effort rider. Fair play to Rogers for juggling the team around to get Garrity in, just a shame that Humey lost out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Why did Jason lose his place at Scunthorpe?

Probably because he’s useless 

• Haha 3

Have to take your hat off to Peter/David (Mason) for at least trying to give 'us' an entertaining team....they could easily have carried on with R/R for Morris.

I admire their dedication and commitment to the cause.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

He is only there a couple of times a season between injuries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to take your hat off to Peter/David (Mason) for at least trying to give 'us' an entertaining team....they could easily have carried on with R/R for Morris.

I admire their dedication and commitment to the cause.

I guess that once you start making wholesale changes that if the wholesale changes don't work out you start making wholesale changes to replace the wholesale changes.

It's good in a way but means lack of continuity at times. 

Replacing injured riders is to be applauded but just shipping people in and out like Danyon for no good reason and Nathan for no good reason doesn't indicate any kind of "plan" sadly.

At least they are trying though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Jason broke his wrist in a 4 bike pile up in the British Semi Final at Redcar & he's been out for over 2 months now. It has been reported that he had a skid after our amateur meeting at the week end. His 28 day replacement has done more than enough to keep his place.

His enthusiastic style of racing leads to entertainment but it can, & normally does, bring its share of injuries during a season. Always a trier though, unlike Schlein. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1