British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

5 hours ago, HGould said:

I guess that once you start making wholesale changes that if the wholesale changes don't work out you start making wholesale changes to replace the wholesale changes.

It's good in a way but means lack of continuity at times. 

Replacing injured riders is to be applauded but just shipping people in and out like Danyon for no good reason and Nathan for no good reason doesn't indicate any kind of "plan" sadly.

At least they are trying though! 

All down to the averages I'm afraid, to get a better calibre of rider in sometimes means you have to lower the points average elsewhere. I agree its rubbish that Hume and Stoneman have lost out recently but, hopefully, the better riders should make up the points for them.

I actually hate the low team average more than our beloved guest system tbh, never any reason for it to be below 45-46 points.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Jason broke his wrist in a 4 bike pile up in the British Semi Final at Redcar & he's been out for over 2 months now. It has been reported that he had a skid after our amateur meeting at the week end. His 28 day replacement has done more than enough to keep his place.

His enthusiastic style of racing leads to entertainment but it can, & normally does, bring its share of injuries during a season. Always a trier though, unlike Schlein. 

Ok. I thought they got rid of him because he did not turn up at Edinburgh earlier in the season? Probably incorrect.

He lost the captaincy after the incident & was injured not long after.

Wallinger?! Unlucky on Hume to lose his place but to lose it to someone as unreliable as Wallinger and Agertoft stays in the team who’s scoring worse than Thomsen must be a bitter pill to swallow. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

All down to the averages I'm afraid, to get a better calibre of rider in sometimes means you have to lower the points average elsewhere. I agree its rubbish that Hume and Stoneman have lost out recently but, hopefully, the better riders should make up the points for them.

I actually hate the low team average more than our beloved guest system tbh, never any reason for it to be below 45-46 points.

The points limit should never be that high. It should be 42.00 - 42.50 but at the start of the year, not with the inflated averages we now have.

• Like 4

A team with wallinger and Agertoft in the Championship would not win a raffle , When i was first told i thought it was a joke. sadly not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Wallinger?! Unlucky on Hume to lose his place but to lose it to someone as unreliable as Wallinger and Agertoft stays in the team who’s scoring worse than Thomsen must be a bitter pill to swallow. 

Wallinger is very reliable in the Championship as its where his inflated ego thinks he belongs and you can also rely on him getting naff all week in week out. Nice work Brum (Rogers) ditching two rising Brits and replacing with two journeymen. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wallinger is very reliable in the Championship as its where his inflated ego thinks he belongs and you can also rely on him getting naff all week in week out. Nice work Brum (Rogers) ditching two rising Brits and replacing with two journeymen. 

Were you disappointed with  Danyon Sings ?? i really think a lack of meetings cost him lack of race fitness.He should of won heat 2 at Somerset and Redcar so in a way he was so unlucky.Again he scored heavily last night and is getting there with Leicester i just hope he gets another chance.The worry for me is that riders like Danyon will be shafted some years because of there averages.Bickley/ Rowe/ are two prime examples that could be vulnerable next year, riders who have an average between 3.80/ 5.00.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Morris has been injured for almost 2 months and does not know when he is likely to return . If fit we would not of replaced him.Also there is a few months difference in age between morris and Garrity . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Were you disappointed with  Danyon Sings ?? i really think a lack of meetings cost him lack of race fitness.He should of won heat 2 at Somerset and Redcar so in a way he was so unlucky.Again he scored heavily last night and is getting there with Leicester i just hope he gets another chance.The worry for me is that riders like Danyon will be shafted some years because of there averages.Bickley/ Rowe/ are two prime examples that could be vulnerable next year, riders who have an average between 3.80/ 5.00.

Im not sure i could ever be disappointed with Danyon he is just an infectiously likeable person. He has also suffered from the numbers game whereas i think he would have improved as the season progressed. Yes he has a knack of being in th wrong place at the wrong time which means he has had a few injuries but a clean run will see him establish himself at another club with any luck.

• Like 1

Danyon is a 'fans' favourite, a real people's person.....he has bags and bags of potential....I don't think a reserve berth in the Championship suits his 'concentration' level, if that makes sense?

What I mean is....he needs to have more rides, with less gaps, for him to progress/get the best out of him?

Because of his 'all-out' riding style....he makes a few errors, ends up falling off, which in turn scuppers/shortens his race-night.....

He might be a rider that succumbs to the 'what could've been' pile?

I sincerely hope not, as I love the guy on/off the track!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Danyon is a 'fans' favourite, a real people's person.....he has bags and bags of potential....I don't think a reserve berth in the Championship suits his 'concentration' level, if that makes sense?

What I mean is....he needs to have more rides, with less gaps, for him to progress/get the best out of him?

Because of his 'all-out' riding style....he makes a few errors, ends up falling off, which in turn scuppers/shortens his race-night.....

He might be a rider that succumbs to the 'what could've been' pile?

I sincerely hope not, as I love the guy on/off the track!

I believe in the bloke and as you said what a nice bloke he is hope he gets the breaks he deserves.All Danyon can do is keep working hard and thing's will come good.I think he has had 7 league and cup matches in the N.L and he has had 10 plus points in six of them i think as the season goes by he will get even stronger.I so admire Workington from last year what a job they did with Bickley and how he has reaped the benefits from that this season.Because Danyon had a reasonable average with Ipswich last  year he has ended up being  punished because of it .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure there's many other options out there tho Sings. And its a bit harsh to say that Brum have ditched Morris when he is injured with no real idea of his return either. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Bickley nailed on to being @ Glasgow in 2020 . unless of course they lose shed loads of money and have to ply their trade in a lower league .

going from memory i think most of the cl riders are around 4/5 ish . not too sure tho .

Edited by jenga

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

Bickley nailed on to being @ Glasgow in 2020 . unless of course they lose shed loads of money and have to ply their trade in a lower league .

going from memory i think most of the cl riders are around 4/5 ish . not too sure tho .

I hope the lad stays and gets a long prolonged run Jenga,  because he has made huge strides.My point about the vulnerability of young riders who have a certain average is that  teams that often have strong top fives often have a vulnerable rider in the 1-5 or one who is expected to be the senior reserve.