British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I hope the lad stays and gets a long prolonged run Jenga,  because he has made huge strides.My point about the vulnerability of young riders who have a certain average is that  teams that often have strong top fives often have a vulnerable rider in the 1-5 or one who is expected to be the senior reserve.

Simple solution increase the team building average to there rightful level of 42.5, it will go a long way in protecting these young riders.

The current stupid level is doing these young riders no favours whatsoever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Simple solution increase the team building average to there rightful level of 42.5, it will go a long way in protecting these young riders.

The current stupid level is doing these young riders no favours whatsoever.

Drew Kemp is a prime example of what you are talking about  Gazc , he has dug in really well in the top five .When really he should of been a second reserve all year learning his trade i was chuffed with his U21 WTC performance at Belle Vue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Drew Kemp is a prime example of what you are talking about  Gazc , he has dug in really well in the top five .When really he should of been a second reserve all year learning his trade i was chuffed with his U21 WTC performance at Belle Vue.

Whilst that is very true Kemp will probably benefit from it in the long run. There is a balance from allowing riders to develop in time verses giving riders too easy a time at reserve and taking away the grit and determination required to make it. 

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst that is very true Kemp will probably benefit from it in the long run. There is a balance from allowing riders to develop in time verses giving riders too easy a time at reserve and taking away the grit and determination required to make it. 

Totally agree but not  all will be as good as Drew and. some will have there confidence  shot to pieces after a while.Also at NL level an example young Wirtzfeld at the IOW already in the top five and Wildman at reserve that is not right changes need to be made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally agree but not  all will be as good as Drew and. some will have there confidence  shot to pieces after a while.Also at NL level an example young Wirtzfeld at the IOW already in the top five and Wildman at reserve that is not right changes need to be made.

Can't argue with that. No way that Widman should be blocking up a reserve berth in the NL. Riders like him and the other non improvers are a big problem with that league. Not sure of the answer maybe increase a riders minimum average in line with number of seasons completed in that league?

Aarnio crashed at Swindon last night & had to withdraw from the meeting, haven't seen any further details yet.

18 minutes ago, Col said:

Aarnio crashed at Swindon last night & had to withdraw from the meeting, haven't seen any further details yet.

Time for another 'new' signing I think......More importantly, I hope he's ok !

Report is that Aarnio has broken a rib.

is there a date when transfers / moves are cut off - apart from serious injury?

18 hours ago, HGould said:

Yes ..

On 7/26/2019 at 4:05 PM, HGould said:

I believe it’s end of August?

The question is should Laurence "whats the point it makes no difference " Rogers be Team Manager in 2020 ?

As the Majority of people have said nice guy but tactically woeful . 

How to vote is;

Like= New manager 

Sad = LR to remain in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aarnio hasn't ridden for Krakow in Poland today, any one heard anything?

I was told that Aarnio had ordered a special cast for last Wednesday to help his wrist but it hadn't arrived, so he went with heavy strapping. He did have a fall at Birmingham and again a few nights later, maybe its a new injury or an aggravation of his wrist problem? 

Talking of Wednesday, I thought Garrity was outstanding for someone who'd just come back from injury, struggled out of the gate early on but soon found the dirt and produced the fastest time at PB this season, twice I believe. I do think Agertoft is getting there slowly, gave Harris a good run for his money and deserved a few more points. Remember he is 17 and on his first venture to England. Good to see so many families with kids around, especially on the centre green, and credit to the promotion for trying to reach out to more people. Track was good and I'm told there is more shale on the way.

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

The question is should Laurence "whats the point it makes no difference " Rogers be Team Manager in 2020 ?

As the Majority of people have said nice guy but tactically woeful . 

How to vote is;

Like= New manager 

Sad = LR to remain in 2020.

I don't think it will matter what 'fans' vote for....Peter/David are extremely happy with LR in charge of team affairs....

I'd like to think that as nice as Lawrence is......with a bit of luck, he'll stand down and let someone else have a go next season?

• Thanks 1