British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Will Pottinger got his job as a result of him starting life as an active fan in the campaign to bring Cradley Heathens back into existence. So if one fan can do it, and do it well, why rely on any of the other established names? Why not let fans have a day in the hot seat? What have the Brummies to lose this year?

So how about ProudtobeaBrummie being given the reins for one of this years home meetings?

In fact, to all those fans who fancy it, wouldn't it be fun to see the management running a "Speedway Apprentice" event. Now that's something that I suspect Graham Drury would come out of retirement for, to play a Lord Sir Alan Sugar role, ably assisted by Denise Drury and Arthur Browning in the roles of Karren Brady and Claude Littner.

That'll sort out those who have the questions for the forums from those who have the answers to put into practise.

Lets see how the would be managers deal with real life events like the phone call from the rider who's van has broken down en-route, or the track curator who's reported that the track tractor has broken down or the shale supplier who's run out of shale.

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Will Pottinger got his job as a result of him starting life as an active fan in the campaign to bring Cradley Heathens back into existence. So if one fan can do it, and do it well, why rely on any of the other established names? Why not let fans have a day in the hot seat? What have the Brummies to lose this year?

So how about ProudtobeaBrummie being given the reins for one of this years home meetings?

In fact, to all those fans who fancy it, wouldn't it be fun to see the management running a "Speedway Apprentice" event. Now that's something that I suspect Graham Drury would come out of retirement for, to play a Lord Sir Alan Sugar role, ably assisted by Denise Drury and Arthur Browning in the roles of Karren Brady and Claude Littner.

That'll sort out those who have the questions for the forums from those who have the answers to put into practise.

Lets see how the would be managers deal with real life events like the phone call from the rider who's van has broken down en-route, or the track curator who's reported that the track tractor has broken down or the shale supplier who's run out of shale.

I'd say main asset would be for team manager to be a qualified electrician.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

UK M..... Positive discrimination should come into play here.  So a Brummie accent should be high on the agenda for the applicants.  (Martin you know what comes next ;)).   Also to replace the current incumbent a full working knowledge of a calculator is a must.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I'd say main asset would be for team manager to be a qualified electrician.:rolleyes:

Paramedic, surely.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Paramedic, surely.

Paramedics at Brum are world class as we have seen many times, pit electrics on the other hand doh!

45 minutes ago, HGould said:

Paramedics at Brum are world class....

I wasn't suggesting otherwise. :oops:

I was alluding to the need for "stand-in" paramedics when the regular guys and girls have to disappear off to hospital leading to long delays or abandonment. This joke doesn't work when you have to explain it, eh?

9 hours ago, semion said:

UK M..... Positive discrimination should come into play here.  So a Brummie accent should be high on the agenda for the applicants.  (Martin you know what comes next ;)).   Also to replace the current incumbent a full working knowledge of a calculator is a must.

So Will Pottinger is out of the running for being a Yam Yam :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 10:37 PM, uk_martin said:

Tractor & shale are promotions problems not managers. As for riders vans breaking down you said real life events not fictitious ones  :D 

On 9/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, Argos said:

You are all forgotten that “Main Man” IS a Promoter of Birmingham Speedway 

And that's why he'll never be replaced as Team Manager ! :t:

Just received a parking ticket for parking in the One Stop (21 Aug Brum v Leicester).

Advice please.

27 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Just received a parking ticket for parking in the One Stop (21 Aug Brum v Leicester).

Advice please.

errr??? Don't park there next time ?

Sorry....just joking. I'm sure somebody will be able to help. I've never parked there and never would! I've always advised 'visitors' to aim for street parking which is free and closer to the track!

If you go to the One Stop & have a meal in Wetherspoons before or around 6pm, would this cath us out?

Just now, IronScorpion said:

If you go to the One Stop & have a meal in Wetherspoons before or around 6pm, would this cath us out?

yes

54 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Advice please.

Suggest you contact the club - they should be able to speak to Onestop to sort it out.