British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

31 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

yes

never been to birmingham but crikey i cannot believe peoples naivety.a supermarket/shop isn't going to tolerate people leaving their cars there for a few hours.they are trying to run a business.the car park is for their customers.you would be miffed if it was your shop and people were just abandoning cars there for several hours.pay to use the appropriate car park at the stadium.if you get a ticket tough titty

6 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

never been to birmingham but crikey i cannot believe peoples naivety.a supermarket/shop isn't going to tolerate people leaving their cars there for a few hours.they are trying to run a business.the car park is for their customers.you would be miffed if it was your shop and people were just abandoning cars there for several hours.pay to use the appropriate car park at the stadium.if you get a ticket tough titty

Their is an agreement with "One Stop" Shopping Centre that normally allows 4 hours on Speedway Nights when they are usually very accommodating. Its actually site of the previous Track.

16 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I trust you will remove this fatuous comment given that Birmingham speedway website specifically states parking is available at One Stop (and I think you'll find that it was part of the original planning consent for Birmingham speedway)

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Just received a parking ticket for parking in the One Stop (21 Aug Brum v Leicester).

Advice please.

How long did you park there for? 

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

I would think that most of the shops are closed or are closing around 5 or 6pm so the car park is emptying to allow supporters to park.

Can I place on record my thanks to the Birmingham promoters for their quick and positive response.

• Like 3

When we got a ticket we contacted one stop to advise why we were there and she agreed to contact the car parking company on our behalf. The matter was resolved thereafter. 

Edited by S4r4h
Spelling

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

I trust you will remove this fatuous comment given that Birmingham speedway website specifically states parking is available at One Stop (and I think you'll find that it was part of the original planning consent for Birmingham speedway)

sorry folks, point taken

• Like 1

Change of subject, just seen a video of JPB doing his first laps on a bike ( 1/9/2019 )

seems ok , somebody said on video he looks back to normal.!!

15 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Change of subject, just seen a video of JPB doing his first laps on a bike ( 1/9/2019 )

seems ok , somebody said on video he looks back to normal.!!

On decent machinery, that boy has/had the potential to be something special !

Would be great to see him back in our colours ? : )

• Like 2

Delighted to hear that he is on the mend and back on a bike. That said there are many other off track issues that i fear will always follow him around. A frustrating waste of talent much like Lewis Bridger.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

On decent machinery, that boy has/had the potential to be something special !

Would be great to see him back in our colours ? : )

For two meetings before he 'retires' again

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Delighted to hear that he is on the mend and back on a bike. That said there are many other off track issues that i fear will always follow him around. A frustrating waste of talent much like Lewis Bridger.

Don't think his relation to Richard Hall helps

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dandelion said:

For two meetings before he 'retires' again

Don't think his relation to Richard Hall helps

Don't they get on then ?

On 9/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, GiveusaB said:

Don't they get on then ?

YES they do . Richard is his step Dad . The poster is talking about JPB's personal life of which they know nothing and should explain their post in more depth before spreading such rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

YES they do . Richard is his step Dad . The poster is talking about JPB's personal life of which they know nothing and should explain their post in more depth before spreading such rubbish.

Sorry to say your information is a little "out of date".