British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Model Kit Jawa Speedway Bike

Does anyone have the kit model of a Jawa Speedway Bike (Italian product if I recall?) that they would be willing to sell? Preferably one that hasn't been completed or unused.

you'll be looking at  £100 + for an unmade Protar Kit

last go.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adonis said:

last go.jpg

That model kit was the business, i had one when i was a kid. The fuel tank and rear mudguard were blue on mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

That model kit was the business, i had one when i was a kid. The fuel tank and rear mudguard were blue on mine.

My brother painted his model with union jack mudguards...I painted mine with a metalic finish!

9 hours ago, steve roberts said:

My brother painted his model with union jack mudguards...I painted mine with a metalic finish!

Me too, well I intended to.  I partly assembled it and left the bits drying in the box which somehow, whilst I was out, had other heavier boxes piled on top of it, completely crushing the model (aarrgghh!).  Spoiler alert: I liked the dinky crank, conrod and piston inside the engine, presumably one left the head unglued for easy viewing.  It also featured plastic chains, rubber / plastic tyres and I believe sprung front forks.   I recall it cost me £6.40 in about 1980, so around £25 or so nowadays though a pal keeping a look out for me saw one at a sci-fi / fantasy / toyfair priced at £130 (!).  I told him thanks, but I'd leave it....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling 2x
  • Like 1

Guest compost
On 12/4/2018 at 7:12 AM, steve roberts said:

Does anyone have the kit model of a Jawa Speedway Bike (Italian product if I recall?) that they would be willing to sell? Preferably one that hasn't been completed or unused.

I might have one available.  Never got round to making it up.  Looks like all parts are there (but no way of checking unless it is made up) and box has been squashed though everything looks intact.  PM me if interested.

16 minutes ago, compost said:

I might have one available.  Never got round to making it up.  Looks like all parts are there (but no way of checking unless it is made up) and box has been squashed though everything looks intact.  PM me if interested.

I've just sent you a PM thanks!

Regards, Steve

I've got two in my loft. One is half made up, but I never got round to finishing it. The second one is still in it's sealed box. After Christmas I intend to clear my loft out & sell off my 50 years collection of speedway memorabilia.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liontamer said:

I've got two in my loft. One is half made up, but I never got round to finishing it. The second one is still in it's sealed box. After Christmas I intend to clear my loft out & sell off my 50 years collection of speedway memorabilia.

Hi mate, I d be interested in the model mate, an certainly be interested in knowing any other bits you have available.

You have reminded me that I've got one in the loft, part assembled, and like many others, I never finished it! These posts have now encouraged me to go and find it, and finally finish it off. I can't remember how many years ago I bought it, but its a lovely model with great detail.

• Like 1

Having acquired the model some time back thru' a very obliging contact (may have been compost?) I've actually got round to assembling it at last and placed it in a display case! Very pleased with it and takes pride of place on my desk top. :)

• Like 4

On 1/9/2021 at 7:01 PM, steve roberts said:

Having acquired the model some time back thru' a very obliging contact (may have been compost?) I've actually got round to assembling it at last and placed it in a display case! Very pleased with it and takes pride of place on my desk top. :)

Can you post a picture of it please? Ta.

12 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Can you post a picture of it please? Ta.

I'll try but not being a computer boffin I have experienced problems attempting to in the past! :(