British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

Stoke have signed Tom Perry, Connor Coles and Luke Chessell so far. Looking good....

Edited by andy1967

Lovely stuff, just get Cleggy signed up now and we might actually see some wins next season :t:

Sounds to me as if Stoke are finally getting the message that they need some decent riders to get better crowds. THis trio will be as good

as most. Nice to see Chessell back after his enforced lay-off. Always looked a classy rider when I have seen him in the past.

Certainly ticking the right boxes. Perry is a smart rider around Loomer Road and i feel Coles will be one of the bargains of the season on his current average. Chessell with his average reduction is handy but with on 14.61 left for 4 riders much will depend how they are used? Im not sure there is the connections to the best of the new 2 point riders so could be another long tail to come?

I haven't heard anything about Hopwood . Is he still  riding ?

Chuck Extance in there and another reduced rider with now the inclusion of Alcock it’s not that long tailed!

• Confused 1

Corban Pavitt has been announced as the third rider and having seen him at Buxton I feel he will most certainly progress in 2019 

If they bring priest back and Extance (presuming priest gets a reduction) this could be a top of the table team...

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

If they bring priest back and Extance (presuming priest gets a reduction) this could be a top of the table team...

Priest on any form of a reduction will be good value, Pavitt certainly has great potential (thought he would be at Belle Vue tbh) verdict is very much still out of Extance though, the talent is there but not sure the injuries will allow him to excel.

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Extance at Plymouth Burnett it will be. 

Burnett??? How many chances does he need? With a league structure changed to encourage new riders to step in and freshen things up rather than see the same old faces year on year if Stoke go down the Burnett route its a travesty. 

• Like 1

I agree with sings Extance would have been far better than Burnett, and even so I would prefer butcher over Alcock