British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

Look's like the potters have a competitive team being assembled for the new season, that's good news.

Any positive news on producing a decent track for the 2019 team & their opposition to race on!  

The track was superb at the end of the season and it will be Terry who took over and helped Dave continuing the track next season. 

I hope you are happy with that Ghosty 

Edited by Derek 613
  • Confused 1

I said a certain rider on a reassessed average didn’t i. 4.98 of my calculations are correct and I fancy stoke to finish top 4 

11 hours ago, Islander15 said:

This looks the best Stoke side since they had Richie Worrall. 

Too right it is. Plenty of top end power and two improving reserves should do us nicely. Wish all the lads the best of luck for 2019.

13 hours ago, Derek 613 said:

The track was superb at the end of the season and it will be Terry who took over and helped Dave continuing the track next season. 

Heard many words about Stokes track last year and none of them were superb. I hope it can be rectified for next season as it would be a huge shame if a good side is assembled and let down by the craters in the surface.

I believe some of the reports were more favourable towards the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I believe some of the reports were more favourable towards the end of the season.

In fairness they couldn't get much worse. I don't enjoy bashing Stoke and in fact weirdly like the place if the track could just be consistent it would produce good racing and get more than a few spectators turning up each week.

16 hours ago, Derek 613 said:

I am encouraged with what you say, I also know Dave Tattum puts in 100% effort - but it does appear Stoke speedway could do with some money invested in the stadium by the stadium owners & the track & track equipment by ?????????? all lacking for years.  I would love to see Conner Coles banging in the points on a great track & in front of good crowds in 2019! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Heard many words about Stokes track last year and none of them were superb. I hope it can be rectified for next season as it would be a huge shame if a good side is assembled and let down by the craters in the surface.

Mildenhall said it was very good, Isle of Wight said dangerous.

12 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Mildenhall said it was very good, Isle of Wight said dangerous.

It was dangerous that day but that was the last meeting before racing stopped for a few weeks to sort out the track. Reports after that were  much better. 

Edited by Islander15

Last couple of meetings were great they had terry the track man working on it before meetings and keeping it well watered throughout the meeting and as far as I know he will be the main man there next year 

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Terry the track took over towards the end of the season and the track was superb and riders actually saying how good it was, Terry will on e again but doing the track in 2019. I did say in my original comment the back end of the season in other words the last 3 meetings or so and yes the riders were commenting how good it was including young James Chattin who couldn’t believe the difference. So look at those meetings.