British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

14 hours ago, Derek 613 said:

Terry the track took over towards the end of the season and the track was superb and riders actually saying how good it was, Terry will on e again but doing the track in 2019. I did say in my original comment the back end of the season in other words the last 3 meetings or so and yes the riders were commenting how good it was including young James Chattin who couldn’t believe the difference. So look at those meetings. 

Well. It looks like MR  Vasey has moved on to pastures new now but I think in Adam Isherwood they have the ideal man for the job. Good luck to Mr Vasey and better luck to Adam. Up the Potters.

That’s good news ,about Vasey, never did anything at Stoke.When he arrived we were a mid second division team , due to his team management we end up bottom of the third division. Looks a good team and it will be all the better without Vasey.

1 hour ago, big lad said:

That’s good news ,about Vasey, never did anything at Stoke.When he arrived we were a mid second division team , due to his team management we end up bottom of the third division. Looks a good team and it will be all the better without Vasey.

Absolutely agree mate.

23 hours ago, big lad said:

A bit harsh  I think Vasey did his best IMO under difficult conditions to say the least ,he had great passion for the sport and I hope he finds something else where .

Has Tony Atkin finally retired from the sport as a rider he seemed to disappear half way  through last season , if so I would like to wish him a happy retirement he has been a credit to the sport .

Edited by FAST GATER

Might have been his best, but it wasn’t any good. Look at his record , only way the club went was down , should have got rid after the first season when he cocked up and we had to drop down.

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Could Kelsey Dugard be the final rider??

He lives up north now.   There's no room at the Belle Vue inn, Buxton aren't running, so Stoke is the most northerly of the Midlands clubs.

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Could Kelsey Dugard be the final rider??

His average is too high only got 3.75 to use. Paul Burnett fits nicely

17 minutes ago, andy1967 said:

Kelsey’s average is 3.35.

7 hours ago, andy1967 said:

Can't imagine Paul Burnett riding with his fractured leg.   Kelsey Dugard fits though on 3.35

Still a very strong team. In a watered down league they have an out and out number 1 very strong reserve in Pavitt, Alcock has expirence in other new 2 pointers. Priest will be a 7+ rider in this limit and I expect Chessell to hit 8+ with Glasgow expirence. Coles will provide solid back up at number 3/5 and Burnett can beat most second strings round stoke..

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Islander15 said:

And then they go and spoil it...

For me paul will bring a good balance to the team. Sometimes you need a cool head and a steady rider. He was doing just fine last season until he clattered the fence hard and did extensive damage to his bike. After that the only winner was his local scrap metal dealer. Picked up again nicely towards the end of the season so for me he deserves a spot. Up the potters.