British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

3 hours ago, pete cc said:

Things are a changing a loomer road. 

You mean they have finally got rid of the old Gas Streetlights ? at last.. ;)

On 12/16/2018 at 12:12 AM, WalterPlinge said:

Can't imagine Paul Burnett riding with his fractured leg.   Kelsey Dugard fits though on 3.35

Seems that Stoke are looking for another rider as they have just realised that Paul Burnett fractured his leg over a month ago before they announced his signing.

Thought it was very strange that they announced his signing while he was laid up with a bad fracture.

Anyway, they've finally caught on and issued this statement....

STOKE’S pre-season injury jinx has struck for a second season with Paul Burnett being ruled out due to breaking his leg in an accident at work.

Potters promoter Dave Tattum commented “It was great knowing we had our team in place and then I had a phone call off Paul informing us that he’d been injured at work. We then waited a little while awaiting outcomes from the hospital and Paul has now had to have an external fixator fitted to his leg resulting in there being no chance of him being fit to race by the start of the season. All of us here at Stoke send our best wishes for a speedy recovery to Paul.”

• Haha 2

Shelby Rutherford in his place I am sure he broke his back there and said the tracks the worst he had ever ridden lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Shelby Rutherford in his place I am sure he broke his back there and said the tracks the worst he had ever ridden lol 

He did.   He broke his back in a heavy crash into a post on the back straight when the power went, the lights went out, and the fence went down.

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

He told me the track was difficult but just had to be ridden acordingly .  And he was helped into the fence !  Have a great year Shelby . Potter Power ! 

Edited by raddog

10 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

He did.   He broke his back in a heavy crash into a post on the back straight when the power went, the lights went out, and the fence went down.

the lights went out after the crash  . and he hit the fence where there was no airbag

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Like for like swap, as in there was nothing to get excited about when Burnett signed and no change now.

Nice and supportive .

37 minutes ago, Greg said:

Nice and supportive .

No offence but i feel both of these riders are filling a place that could / should have been given to a newcomer. Both riders have been around for years and achieved beggar all. Even a new 2.00 who didn't score anything would be learning for the future, both these riders "best" days are behind them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adonis said:

the lights went out after the crash  . and he hit the fence where there was no airbag

Hi

Yes I was there that night and it was a nasty one. Real shame for Paul as he is a good team man. All the best to Shelby on what is a lot better track thanks to Dave and the team. After assembling a really good team lets hope the track and lights can give them a good season and let them do what they do best without having to worry about other things. Up the mighty potters for 2019.

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No offence but i feel both of these riders are filling a place that could / should have been given to a newcomer. Both riders have been around for years and achieved beggar all. Even a new 2.00 who didn't score anything would be learning for the future, both these riders "best" days are behind them.

couldn't agree more . I assume Shelby has taken over Pauls pay to race agreement :D

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, adonis said:

couldn't agree more . I assume Shelby has taken over Pauls pay to race agreement :D

In jest possibly but i do fear that we are on the edge of a pay to ride culture. There has always been influence from sponsors for certain riders to get / keep team places but i wonder how many would pay for a place? Or how many novices would ride for free for a season to get their name out there? 

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In jest possibly but i do fear that we are on the edge of a pay to ride culture. There has always been influence from sponsors for certain riders to get / keep team places but i wonder how many would pay for a place? Or how many novices would ride for free for a season to get their name out there? 

I know 1 who would have ridden for nothing ,given the opportunity way back

• Like 1