British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

4 minutes ago, adonis said:

I know 1 who would have ridden for nothing ,given the opportunity way back

Not that i want it to become a precedent but i suspect there are easily enough riders to fill every reserve berth who would ride the season for travel expenses only (including some of the lucky ones who have landed a spot)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not that i want it to become a precedent but i suspect there are easily enough riders to fill every reserve berth who would ride the season for travel expenses only (including some of the lucky ones who have landed a spot)

The only problem is that those riders who will ride for nothing  are worth exactly THAT.. NOTHING.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

The only problem is that those riders who will ride for nothing  are worth exactly THAT.. NOTHING.

Would have to disagree to a point, there are plenty of riders who have failed to land team places over the years because either their face didn't fit, were deemed in the wrong location geographically or more often than not over the age of 20. I think there is easily an equal a list of riders who have been paid for their efforts and are equally worthless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Those riders who would ride for nothing are driven by ambition not by financial gain ,  there must be quite a few riders with great potential who have walked away because their face didn't fit , some of the people on the inside of speedway are downright vindictive ,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greg said:

Nice and supportive .

Why does Sings have to be supportive of a team they don’t support signing a poor journeyman? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Personally think embleton would have been a better choice 

and me . or james chattin

• Like 1

Very surprised Chattin hasn't dropped in somewhere yet. Fear he could be another who's face doesn't fit as compared to several signings he looks a better bet both short and long term.

As Adonis has Quoted Previously the Lights went out after Shelby hit the Fence the reason being as he hit the fence the fence hit and severed the cable of the  Red Light on the post behind the fence thus causing a short circuit that put the Lights out so were not the cause of the accident.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, Binman said:

More northern guys McDonald , Douglas all need a chance and could do a good job .

With the greatest of respect Kieran like many took a NL place before he was ready and now has been tarred with the brush of a struggling rider, a season or so back in the development leagues and he may feature again. 

Ryan Mac did largely the same in his previous years at Stoke but has been given several opportunities , he sadly is paying the price for his best year yet at Coventry and then the introduction of the 2.00 limit has partially frozen him out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect Kieran like many took a NL place before he was ready and now has been tarred with the brush of a struggling rider, a season or so back in the development leagues and he may feature again. 

Ryan Mac did largely the same in his previous years at Stoke but has been given several opportunities , he sadly is paying the price for his best year yet at Coventry and then the introduction of the 2.00 limit has partially frozen him out.

I think  RyMac has had more than enough chances to come good , Douglas maybe not ,  might be a good thing for some of these kids to get left out  if they really want it they will practise and take every other opportunity to ride  ,ready for when a chance comes .  lets not have anymore Ryan Burtons please , from a non speedway background and had other peoples opportunities thrown at  him , then just walked away back to MX like Matt Willamson

• Like 1

We used to have a thing called ‘second half racing’ where reserves especially would be pitched in against the best of novices and unconnected riders.

Competition is the best way of gaining improvement and many riders got a team place this way.

The sport is at a crossroads and it’s now more than ever we need riders, and local at that, to fill our teams.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GWC said:

We used to have a thing called ‘second half racing’ where reserves especially would be pitched in against the best of novices and unconnected riders.

Competition is the best way of gaining improvement and many riders got a team place this way.

The sport is at a crossroads and it’s now more than ever we need riders, and local at that, to fill our teams.

Fortunately Stoke host an MDL team (although not overly cooperatively) so the opportunity is there IF the reserves take part in it. They will always have the advantage of getting dialled in to the track already so should be capable of taking care of any challengers but often hide from it as they are not brave enough to risk losing their place.