British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:18 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Fortunately Stoke host an MDL team (although not overly cooperatively) so the opportunity is there IF the reserves take part in it. They will always have the advantage of getting dialled in to the track already so should be capable of taking care of any challengers but often hide from it as they are not brave enough to risk losing their place.

excellent news that stoke have been handed the national league best pairs event this year. things are on the way up at stoke this year with a great team and a good track to race on. a big well done to dave tattum and the team and good luck for the new season.

Edited by porkypotter
spelling mistake
  • Like 2

Hopefully the improved track will continue and not revert to the state it has been in over the past seasons

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 3:30 PM, porkypotter said:

excellent news that stoke have been handed the national league best pairs event this year. things are on the way up at stoke this year with a great team and a good track to race on. a big well done to dave tattum and the team and good luck for the new season.

Just a shame Wolverhampton wouldn’t allow cleggy to come back for this year.Him and Perry would have been the best top 2 in the league .

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Oooh new chairs......and a dreadful view out the window to really drag the corporate users in.

Oooh put those claws away ;)

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 1

I went to Stoke last year and found the people very welcoming.

Thought the track was good, far better than times past.

Good luck with this project....looks like it is a case of Stoke getting better all the time.

At this level, you can only do small steps and this is another step in the right direction.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Good luck with this project....looks like it is a case of Stoke getting better all the time.

At this level, you can only do small steps and this is another step in the right direction.

In all fairness my biggest criticism of Stoke on previous visits has been how unwelcoming people were followed by the dubious state of the track. If those two are being addressed then the rest is purely superficial (well maybe a reliable power supply & actually getting the meetings pushed through at a sensible pace). But i quite like the rustic charm of Stoke so fingers crossed the fresh injection of enthusiasm continues.

12 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Have to agree there mate. No doubt things have been wrong in the past but the main thing is they are working hard to get things right and must surely be applauded for that. Things are coming right now with the stadium and if the team get fired up and dish out some spankings then the crowds should start to increase and generate some much needed income for the promotion. Up the potters.

• Like 3

If the local residents who have got the new parking restrictions in Loomer road are to believed, Stoke Speedway is full to the rafters every Saturday causing gridlock....... when in fact the stan woods memorial classic bangers and 2 x brisca f1 meetings are the only events to really draw monster crowds.

I know the residents main gripe was the commercial vehicles from the industrial estate blocking the road weekdays, but to read some of the submissions that include the stadium, you would honestly think it was Gorzow v Zialona Gora there every week.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, teaboy279 said:

If the local residents who have got the new parking restrictions in Loomer road are to believed, Stoke Speedway is full to the rafters every Saturday causing gridlock....... when in fact the stan woods memorial classic bangers and 2 x brisca f1 meetings are the only events to really draw monster crowds.

I know the residents main gripe was the commercial vehicles from the industrial estate blocking the road weekdays, but to read some of the submissions that include the stadium, you would honestly think it was Gorzow v Zialona Gora there every week.

Too right mate. Have not been up loomer road over the winter but any parking restriction should not bother the speedway fans but could be a problem for the stox fans as I am told they get bumper crowds for these events. Cant wait for the season to kick in now and see this new team in action. Up the potters.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, teaboy279 said:

The trouble is only caused by the Stock Cars but because the Stadium is called Stoke Speedway they assume that every meeting is a Speedway meeting. The Stoke Speedway meetings cause no mither at all . The thing is the Stock Cars Promotion charge for parking in the Stadium ,where the Speedway do not and can park inside.The trouble now is as of last Sunday the stocks fans seeing the Yellow Lines are now parking on the Grass verges that are on the side so that will soon become a mess so I suppose then the Residents will once more start moaning.The other thing is the Stadium was there a few Years before the Houses so by buying one they new or should have known that the Stadium was there.

On 3/2/2019 at 3:12 PM, griffo said:

The trouble is only caused by the Stock Cars but because the Stadium is called Stoke Speedway they assume that every meeting is a Speedway meeting. The Stoke Speedway meetings cause no mither at all . The thing is the Stock Cars Promotion charge for parking in the Stadium ,where the Speedway do not and can park inside.The trouble now is as of last Sunday the stocks fans seeing the Yellow Lines are now parking on the Grass verges that are on the side so that will soon become a mess so I suppose then the Residents will once more start moaning.The other thing is the Stadium was there a few Years before the Houses so by buying one they new or should have known that the Stadium was there.

bet your socks the Police will be down first meeting ticketing people parked on the grass verge ,, I bet they are already rubbing their hands together