British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect because i like Coles to even make any reference between him and Doyle is barmy. Doyle has spent more on one bike than Connor has on equipment in his career and there lies the massive difference even if the ability was there (and im not sure it is as there are a few style issues) Coles pockets are nowhere near deep enough to be really competitive even at NL level. 

Coles seems to be one of them riders who has ‘potential’ year after year but never really lives up to it. But you have random ones like Starke who was in a similar situation and did make a breakthrough. 

• Like 1

Late on this, but I thought it was a good report in Speedway Star on Stoke in last week's issue.

I went to the track last year and thought it was a bit tired BUT saw some good racing on a well prepared track. People were friendly and helpful. 

No complaints from me. I wish Stoke well. It was a far cry from what I had been led to believe would see..

When the present promoters leave, I will go back and give Stoke a chance.... it is in fact my nearest track !!!

No respect for the clowns running Stoke

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect because i like Coles to even make any reference between him and Doyle is barmy. Doyle has spent more on one bike than Connor has on equipment in his career and there lies the massive difference even if the ability was there (and im not sure it is as there are a few style issues) Coles pockets are nowhere near deep enough to be really competitive even at NL level. 

I quite like Coles he was at Newcastle a couple of seasons ago his gating wasn’t too bad he was usually in points scoring positions but just couldn’t get the hang of brough park and he used to fall quite often unfortunately, when he later got dropped. I’ve always thought he had something about him but for whatever reason he hasn’t seemed to have kicked on which is a shame.

• Like 1

Connor is a100% trier.... always worth a shot in any team

Keeping up the family tradition...... his dad , Michael , was a good second string for Belle Vue .. grandad Bob was also a good rider.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Late on this, but I thought it was a good report in Speedway Star on Stoke in last week's issue.

I went to the track last year and thought it was a bit tired BUT saw some good racing on a well prepared track. People were friendly and helpful. 

No complaints from me. I wish Stoke well. It was a far cry from what I had been led to believe would see..

how refreshing to hear some good reviews for the potters for a change. I have been going to stoke for several years now and while I would admit things have not always been great in the past this year I think there is a good vibe about the place. the track is riding very well and the team look a lot more competitive so I say a big well done to dave and his team. up the potters.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

how refreshing to hear some good reviews for the potters for a change. I have been going to stoke for several years now and while I would admit things have not always been great in the past this year I think there is a good vibe about the place. the track is riding very well and the team look a lot more competitive so I say a big well done to dave and his team. up the potters.

Food was hot, beer was cold; the track nice and smooth and riders raced. #perfect

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Food was hot, beer was cold; the track nice and smooth and riders raced. #perfect

You ate and lived to tell the tale. Things definitely are picking up at Stoke.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

You ate and lived to tell the tale. Things definitely are picking up at Stoke.

Yes, two lots of chips and two pints. 

The weather was cold, so two pints of cold beer was a mistake. 

I know: I will blame the Stoke promotion for selling cold lager on a cold night.

Can't let this positivity about Stoke run away uncontrolled, can we @porkypotter.

Seriously, this was NL speedway and I enjoyed my night. Didn't feel ripped off and went home entertained,  full and cold (damn lager).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I know: I will blame the Stoke promotion for selling cold lager on a cold night.

Can't let this positivity about Stoke run away uncontrolled, can we @porkypotter.

Seriously, this was NL speedway and I enjoyed my night. Didn't feel ripped off and went home entertained,  full and cold (damn lager).

I once went to Stoke (many years ago) and on a freezing cold night March night there was a chap next to me in a T shirt drinking pint after pint of cold lager.

He must have been on drugs :D

Stoke have been (usually justifiably) battered for the poor standard of speedway at the track for years. If they are improving, it is right that they get the credit for that.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

after several seasons of failure it is hard not to get a little giddy with expectation so I am all for blowing the trumpet and banging the drum to support the potters. interesting to read the Mildenhall result and see that our ex manager is coming in for a little flack. onwards and upwards for us we hope. good luck to all the lads.

Think I read 3.30 somewhere.looking forward to my annual visit.

The track could well get a thorough testing today with around 200 pre 1970 bangers racing at the stan woods memorial and the weather forecast isn't great. By all accounts queues are already at the top of Loomer road.

• Like 1

After witnessing many farce meetings at Stoke thru various reasons I vowed never to return, however it seems like things are gradually being turned around so I'l be attending this season. More than happy to support a club that's trying to change things around