British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, bruno said:

After witnessing many farce meetings at Stoke thru various reasons I vowed never to return, however it seems like things are gradually being turned around so I'l be attending this season. More than happy to support a club that's trying to change things around

well done Bruno. come and give it a try. I like yourself have found things less than perfect in the past but things are much improved this season with a good race track, a decent team and a good new manager. we may even have some good close matches with you heathens now that we have trained up young cleggy for you (joke) and if we can get luke chessell firing on all cylinders we should have some good scraps. up the potters.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, bruno said:

After witnessing many farce meetings at Stoke thru various reasons I vowed never to return, however it seems like things are gradually being turned around so I'l be attending this season. More than happy to support a club that's trying to change things around

Me too - all being well, against Kent on 12 May.

I'll see how much they have improved - that is a 3pm start.

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Me too - all being well, against Kent on 12 May.

I'll see how much they have improved - that is a 3pm start.

Will come find you and say hello mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Stoke's meeting this Saturday is off already,

Restaging 25 May.

And so it begins. They’ve already ran a relatively successful meeting this season so what’s this needed track work all about?!

7 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

And so it begins. They’ve already ran a relatively successful meeting this season so what’s this needed track work all about?!

More damage from the Bangers last weekend than expected? Hasn't been that wet up in Stoke this week has it?

53 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

More damage from the Bangers last weekend than expected? Hasn't been that wet up in Stoke this week has it?

it has been raining on and off all day and still looks like there is more to come.

17 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

it has been raining on and off all day and still looks like there is more to come.

Last Saturday it Rained continuously for nearly 24 Hours and has Rained at sometime or other every day since and the weather forecast for the next few days is rain at times every day including Saturday so if you can`t get it  dry enough to get on the track to prepare it  then it`s better to call the Meeting off.Just a say on the amount of Rain that fell on the Saturday Friday Night my Garden water butt had about 2 inches in it Sunday Morning 9-0am it was full and overflowing and this is a 45 gallon Drum and all off an 8x6 shed so You can gather what went on  a Speedway Track

Edited by griffo

Seeing the videos from the bangers at the stan woods on Saturday the place was completely saturated. And well over 100 bangers racing , whilst not as bad as the F1 stock Cars will have certainly caused a few issues as well.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, KIRKYLANE said:

When the present promoters leave, I will go back and give Stoke a chance.... it is in fact my nearest track !!!

No respect for the clowns running Stoke

Please never come back. Clown.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, teaboy279 said:

will have certainly caused a few issues as well.

Yeah, like actually bringing some money in to the track.

28 minutes ago, andy1967 said:

Joe Lawlor signs for stoke..

a real shame for luke. I just think the Glasgow move was a bit more than he could cope with after a long injury lay off. hope he gets his mojo back and tries again. good luck to joe. lets hope we get a match on this weekend.

Last forecast i saw gave light rain at different parts of the day for every day till Friday. Then no rain Saturday or Sunday, so we are planning on trekking up still. Will benefit Stoke to get it on as I believe we are without Drew Kemp on sunday who is championship duty.

7 hours ago, andy1967 said:

Joe Lawlor signs for stoke..

wow  that  "taking a break " didn't last long ,,