British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke 2019

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, griffo said:

The trouble is only caused by the Stock Cars but because the Stadium is called Stoke Speedway they assume that every meeting is a Speedway meeting. The Stoke Speedway meetings cause no mither at all . The thing is the Stock Cars Promotion charge for parking in the Stadium ,where the Speedway do not and can park inside.The trouble now is as of last Sunday the stocks fans seeing the Yellow Lines are now parking on the Grass verges that are on the side so that will soon become a mess so I suppose then the Residents will once more start moaning.The other thing is the Stadium was there a few Years before the Houses so by buying one they new or should have known that the Stadium was there.

Hi Griffo. Is it correct that the speedway are also charging for car parking this season. To be fair it is a small price to pay for trackside parking up the back straight particularly.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

Is the stadium up for sale ? Just read that on the save Coventry speedway Facebook page. 

I am aware of 2 industrial units on Loomer Road that are for sale but I've not heard anything about the track/stadium.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, porkypotter said:

Hi Griffo. Is it correct that the speedway are also charging for car parking this season. To be fair it is a small price to pay for trackside parking up the back straight particularly.

just had a word with Dave Tattum and he has said that they are putting the price for parking anywhere in the stadium up to 2 pound a car this season. 

With the parking restrictions outside it could be a reasonable earner..

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:07 AM, Islander15 said:

What are the new parking restrictions?

Council have put Double Yellow Lines down Most of Loomer Road either side

• Like 1

After the performance at Belle Vue today, what do the Potters fans think of there team. Thinking in particular of Chessell, Priest and Coles in what is supposed to be a development league?

9 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Why mention Coles, he ain't exactly old is he?

This is his eighth season in the NL. Not saying he can’t or won’t get better but he’s been at the level he’s at for a while now. The NL needs older riders and those with more experience too though. 

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 9:06 AM, Ben91 said:

This is his eighth season in the NL. Not saying he can’t or won’t get better but he’s been at the level he’s at for a while now. The NL needs older riders and those with more experience too though. 

Speedway seems to be a sport where you seem to find your true level, regardless of age starting, after about five years..

Not many ride for five years or so then clearly go up a level...

Jason Doyle and David Norris are two for me that I remember becoming 'very good' after a few years of 'average' performances...

Not too many others I can remember doing the same

If you have rode for 8 years and are still an average NL rider then that is pretty much where your ability level is I would suggest..

• Like 4

On 4/24/2019 at 6:31 AM, mikebv said:

Speedway seems to be a sport where you seem to find your true level, regardless of age starting, after about five years..

Not many ride for five years or so then clearly go up a level...

Jason Doyle and David Norris are two for me that I remember becoming 'very good' after a few years of 'average' performances...

Not too many others I can remember doing the same

If you have rode for 8 years and are still an average NL rider then that is pretty much where your ability level is I would suggest..

You I recall seeindoyle in the SS signing for rye house in the premier league because he needed the rides, now look at him 

27 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

You I recall seeindoyle in the SS signing for rye house in the premier league because he needed the rides, now look at him 

With the greatest of respect because i like Coles to even make any reference between him and Doyle is barmy. Doyle has spent more on one bike than Connor has on equipment in his career and there lies the massive difference even if the ability was there (and im not sure it is as there are a few style issues) Coles pockets are nowhere near deep enough to be really competitive even at NL level. 

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect because i like Coles to even make any reference between him and Doyle is barmy. Doyle has spent more on one bike than Connor has on equipment in his career and there lies the massive difference even if the ability was there (and im not sure it is as there are a few style issues) Coles pockets are nowhere near deep enough to be really competitive even at NL level. 

And yet you slay Shelby on every thread you can ....  Shebs been using 1 of Tais bike from 2008 , He rode here in 09 n NEVER got back on a bike until 2015 because he couldnt afford it .. Got an offer to come back for another crack .. Sure he hasnt set the world on fire but he does it all on his own .. Drives himself to the track n back , was working 50+ hours a week till the Boss ran off with everyones pays .. works on his own bikes other than at the track . Breaks his back n still has the desire to come back n try again .. Doesnt get a van n free room n motors etc etc like yas all think . He bought his old Transit , rents his own house n pays pretty much every penny he earns on gear to race .. a few sponsors help . He dont go to the pub or clubs , he goes to the GYM to rebuild  ..  If you had 1/2 a clue about the crap these guys go thru to race just to have KEYBOARD CLOWNS like you that have probably never slung a leg over a bike talk rubbishE about em im sure they would offer up a bike n have you show em how to be better ..   If you go to Stoke then go n ask him , im sure he will hook ya up !!    

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, raddog said:

And yet you slay Shelby on every thread you can ....  Shebs been using 1 of Tais bike from 2008 , He rode here in 09 n NEVER got back on a bike until 2015 because he couldnt afford it .. Got an offer to come back for another crack .. Sure he hasnt set the world on fire but he does it all on his own .. Drives himself to the track n back , was working 50+ hours a week till the Boss ran off with everyones pays .. works on his own bikes other than at the track . Breaks his back n still has the desire to come back n try again .. Doesnt get a van n free room n motors etc etc like yas all think . He bought his old Transit , rents his own house n pays pretty much every penny he earns on gear to race .. a few sponsors help . He dont go to the pub or clubs , he goes to the GYM to rebuild  ..  If you had 1/2 a clue about the crap these guys go thru to race just to have KEYBOARD CLOWNS like you that have probably never slung a leg over a bike talk rubbishE about em im sure they would offer up a bike n have you show em how to be better ..   If you go to Stoke then go n ask him , im sure he will hook ya up !!    

Will have to break this down into chunks as i just struggle to read the blurb above. 

I don't rate Shelby as a rider but don't slay him on every thread i can.

Been using one of Tai's 2008 bikes? Im sure he will be delighted to know you have shared his love of museum pieces. 

There are plenty who bust a gut and work log hours to race and i take my hat off to them all, i have no issue with that although it doesn't make Rutherford special in the slightest. 

Its a forum and my opinion is that Rutherford is occupying a team place that would be better used going to a rider who is going to develop and benefit from it.

However i am not a promoter and the opinion from Stoke is that a rider in the NL who has been hovering around the 3.5 mark constantly but has some better days is worth the use of points, as the season progresses it will become clearer who's judgement is better.

• Like 1