British Speedway Forum

Surprised this doesn't exist already.

Interesting series of events around the Kent side this year. 3 riders announced and only one returning face. With Stoneman turning into a devil & Thomas signing at Saturday night Leicester it feels like the Kings could be unusually different this year?   Suspect Hurry, Spooner & Edwards are 3 of the remaining 4 leaving a Hampshire sized hole although for the club i would be hoping Brooks (or for comedy value Powell)

Edited by Sings4Speedway
updated

Is it true the council have blocked the switch to Saturday night?

1.     Armstrong 7.69

2.     Ledwith 3.50

3.     Edwards 6.70

4.     Andrews 5.83

5.     Rowe 7.26

6.     Couzins 3.00

7.     Gilkes 2.00

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Interesting series of events around the Kent side this year. 3 riders announced and only one returning face. With Stoneman turning into a devil & Thomas signing at Saturday night Leicester it feels like the Kings could be unusually different this year?   Suspect Hurry, Spooner & Edwards are 3 of the remaining 4 leaving a Hampshire sized hole although for the club i would be hoping Brooks (or for comedy value Powell)

One target should be Nathan Abblitt who turns 15 next March.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Is it true the council have blocked the switch to Saturday night?

Yes, apparently speedway is noisier on a Saturday than a Monday. The noise issue was overcome years ago so don't see the relevance. It's not a school night either. Lets hope Len has a good plan B to hit back with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Don't think Hurry will be riding this year. Has Luke Bowen retired as well not heard anything?

16 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Hello is there anybody out there? Whistle gang / teaboy???? Blueherb ???

Give them a chance. I'm sure they do have lives lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Crusader said:

Hello is there anybody out there? Whistle gang / teaboy???? Blueherb ???

Bowen is still injured & is not likely to ride again. Hurry is frozen out of the team because of the rules & Armo would not be able to join the Kings for the same reason.

Armo, Bowen, Hurry, Clifton all ruled out as only 1 rider who has obtained a 2nd tier average of 4 at some point in their career (even if that rider obtained that average 1/4 of a century ago when there was no third tier).

With Monday's looking most likely now JT cones back into the frame. I d like to see Kemp Ablitt Spooner plus one other personally.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

One thing I am pretty sure of is that the failed planning will affect what the management had planned team building wise.

• Sad 1

Imagine if Gilkes was signed on for Kent under the impression that he could only ride on weekends, as his family couldn’t do werk day fixtures due to work, how embarrassing would that be now if he had to leave 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Armo, Bowen, Hurry, Clifton all ruled out as only 1 rider who has obtained a 2nd tier average of 4 at some point in their career (even if that rider obtained that average 1/4 of a century ago when there was no third tier).

With Monday's looking most likely now JT cones back into the frame. I d like to see Kemp Ablitt Spooner plus one other personally.

With Drew likely to do all 3 leagues I'd say it's unlikely he will be with you if you're running a Monday.With him riding for Sheffield and with Leicester having the same owner,I think there's a big chance he will be in their NL team tbh

10 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Bowen is still injured & is not likely to ride again. Hurry is frozen out of the team because of the rules & Armo would not be able to join the Kings for the same reason.

Sorry to hear that about Luke. Was not aware of the rules. Is that new for next season?