British Speedway Forum

Swap wood with another and I think you have your team very solid team if Ablitt goes there too maybe len not being loyal to his riders might finally pay off afternoon however many years of no trophies apart from the pairs in 15

THE NUCLEUS of kents side is already looking good,they do need a big hitter tho both home and away, im sure baseby will be at kent or the island tbh

Be pretty shocked if we sign any 2018 eagles after this year's hostilities. I know Richard Andrews was a rider on many fans lips towards the end of the season, with some all action points scoring performances against Kent at CP and as a guest at Buxton. also I hope we give serious consideration to Jamie Couzins who has been awfully loyal to the club other the years.

Have not seen any comments from the club about the failure to get Saturdays. Cannot understand why it did not get automatic approval,

After all, what is the difference between one day or another ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Be pretty shocked if we sign any 2018 eagles after this year's hostilities. I know Richard Andrews was a rider on many fans lips towards the end of the season, with some all action points scoring performances against Kent at CP and as a guest at Buxton. also I hope we give serious consideration to Jamie Couzins who has been awfully loyal to the club other the years.

Spot on wit this Teaboy.  Andrews is very popular at Kent & Couzins rode well when called on.  I rekon there is more chance of Len riding for Kent than Baseby or Powell.  

• Haha 1

So you wouldn’t have Jason Edwards the 15/16 year old that scored the most bonus points in national league speedway in his first season of speedway? And you wouldn’t have wood who rides your track incredibly well? If so you’re moronic. 

17 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Armo, Bowen, Hurry, Clifton all ruled out as only 1 rider who has obtained a 2nd tier average of 4 at some point in their career (even if that rider obtained that average 1/4 of a century ago when there was no third tier).

With Monday's looking most likely now JT cones back into the frame. I d like to see Kemp Ablitt Spooner plus one other personally.

Where’s that rule been confirmed?

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Where’s that rule been confirmed?

It's has not been publicly announced, I think the announcement about that and other various "tweeks" to the rules is due in January. 

But I have had it from the horses mouth, ie Promoters and Managers of 3 different clubs that the rule is in effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Have not seen any comments from the club about the failure to get Saturdays. Cannot understand why it did not get automatic approval,

After all, what is the difference between one day or another ?

The last I heard it was still undecided? Maybe someone knows more.

Real blow to Club if Saturday is not allowed.

p.s Just seen been refused but Club hope that could be changed.

Edited by blueherb777

On 12/8/2018 at 5:00 AM, teaboy279 said:

Armo, Bowen, Hurry, Clifton all ruled out as only 1 rider who has obtained a 2nd tier average of 4 at some point in their career (even if that rider obtained that average 1/4 of a century ago when there was no third tier).

With Monday's looking most likely now JT cones back into the frame. I d like to see Kemp Ablitt Spooner plus one other personally.

Was Hurry in their plans? Cannot see them with two Golden Oldies and is he not Team Coach next season?

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Was Hurry in their plans? Cannot see them with two Golden Oldies and is he not Team Coach next season?

I believe if all had gone to plan the line up would have included at least 1 probably 2 of Armo,Clifton,Hurry.

Surely there should be a block on Ledwith. This is the National Development League as was made clear this winter by the BSPA.

Where is his development potential?

How can you quantify development potential. Let's not forget he is younger then a top 8 gp star.

He had never ridden a lay down engine until the Laurels. So I am Looking forward to watching him develop.

• Like 3