British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

How can you quantify development potential. Let's not forget he is younger then a top 8 gp star.

He had never ridden a lay down engine until the Laurels. So I am Looking forward to watching him develop.

Doubt he is going to develop into a GP star. Let him ride at Lydd rather than takeaway a team place from an up-and-coming teenager.

10 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

How can you quantify development potential. Let's not forget he is younger then a top 8 gp star.

He had never ridden a lay down engine until the Laurels. So I am Looking forward to watching him develop.

One of the most memorable seasons I had watching as a Rye supporter was when Andrew Silver made his comeback. I'm sure he must have added a few on to the attendance figures at most tracks he raced at during the season.

• Like 1

Maybe some fans like seeing the old timers ride, but it's not for me. It's ok in individual meetings, but not in the league. The points limit being reduced should mean more places for youngsters, not old ringers. Maybe there should be a veterans league run along the same lines as the SDL. It would make for an entertaining second half event for those that want more races for their money.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Was Hurry in their plans? Cannot see them with two Golden Oldies and is he not Team Coach next season?

Hurryā€™s on a very attractive average and every team needs someone to aspire to and less from the front. Especially as it looks like Bowen, Boxall, Stoneman & Thomas are all ruled out for different reasons. I must admit, Iā€™m intrigued who the number 1 is going to be.Ā 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Hurryā€™s on a very attractive average and every team needs someone to aspire to and less from the front. Especially as it looks like Bowen, Boxall, Stoneman & Thomas are all ruled out for different reasons. I must admit, Iā€™m intrigued who the number 1 is going to be.Ā 

Untill we know the make up of the rest of the team it is hard to speculate on number 1sĀ 

My personal choice would be Drew Kemp if we have the points availableĀ 

7 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Untill we know the make up of the rest of the team it is hard to speculate on number 1sĀ 

My personal choice would be Drew Kemp if we have the points availableĀ 

He's already said he hasn't got a NL teamĀ 

14 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Kent team I feel will structure: 7.5, ledwith, Rowe, 4.5, 7, Gilkes, 2Ā 

Think that looks very likely. I suspect:

7.69, ledwith, Rowe, 4.5, 6.73, Gilkes, 2Ā 

15 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think that looks very likely. I suspect:

7.69, ledwith, Rowe, 4.5, 6.73, Gilkes, 2Ā 

Iā€™m thinking more 7.37, 4.50, 7.04, 2 with the points limit left over len could have had far better heat leaders than he does there though.Ā 

Ā 

Essentially the team I feel to win should have been built around ledwith spooner Gilkes and Ablitt = 12.00 / 36 leaving 24 points for 3 heat leaders in:Ā 

edwards 6.73 Ayres 8.90 Hume 8.10Ā 

Kemp 9.15 Edwards 6.73 Hume 8.10Ā 

Saying that I would have brooks over spooner any day of the week

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Iā€™m thinking more 7.37, 4.50, 7.04, 2 with the points limit left over len could have had far better heat leaders than he does there though.Ā 

Ā 

Essentially the team I feel to win should have been built around ledwith spooner Gilkes and Ablitt = 12.00 / 36 leaving 24 points for 3 heat leaders in:Ā 

edwards 6.73 Ayres 8.90 Hume 8.10Ā 

Kemp 9.15 Edwards 6.73 Hume 8.10Ā 

Saying that I would have brooks over spooner any day of the week

Im certainly a fan of getting the riders on bargain averages signed up and Edwards is certainly in that bracket. Len is often accused of being too loyal and that may well show if he favours Spooner over Brooks as i agree Charlie has further to go in the sport. Still think whoever they track it will be a solid team BUT the influence of Bowen will be missed more than just on track.

What about Morley is he available?

Edwards on 6.73 is not a bargain in my opinion. Similar level to Spooner but 2 points dearer.

10 hours ago, adz_mft said:

He's already said he hasn't got a NL teamĀ 

Currently doesn't have a team..... pretty certain you will see him in the NL though.

16 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Edwards on 6.73 is not a bargain in my opinion. Similar level to Spooner but 2 points dearer.

There is a chasm between the 2, one a reserve all yr and the other riding at 2 most of the season

• Like 2