British Speedway Forum

Edwards should be a heat leader this season and Spooner is popular at Kent so Len will show loyalty over points gaining.

He knows he has a gem in Gilks and can build the team on a low points limit.

There’s a glut of number ones this year due to reduction of points limit and clubs.

It is, I’m sure intended to force riders into the Championship but these clubs appear to want untried overseas riders above the homegrown boys again this year.

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Edwards on 6.73 is not a bargain in my opinion. Similar level to Spooner but 2 points dearer.

You really do amaze me. The lad is pure class. Dugard’s reckon he will be on the world stage in the next 10 years and I have to agree with them I watched him beat riders this year way above his ability at the time with ease. 

Edited by TurnTwo
  • Like 2

Jenkins to Kent now that we've signed Edwards?

2 hours ago, adz_mft said:

I did say someone with a 7.04 ;) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Edwards on 6.73 is not a bargain in my opinion. Similar level to Spooner but 2 points dearer.

Going to have to disagree. Think Spooner has roughly found his level, his effort is there but equipment will always hold him back and its only Lens help that has got him this far. Edwards looks effortless on a bike, might have been over shadowed by Kemp & Flint this year but i expect him to hit the top along with those two. If Spooner cannot add more than 1.5 at reserve all year i doubt it will go up in the main body of the team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

There is a chasm between the 2, one a reserve all yr and the other riding at 2 most of the season

That's a far comment. But I honestly think both will end 2019 on averages 7 plus.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, Old Crusader said:

Don't think Hurry will be riding this year. Has Luke Bowen retired as well not heard anything?

blueherb lol

I have heard that Bowen wants to return but won't be fit for the start of the season

1 hour ago, whistlegang said:

blueherb lol

I have heard that Bowen wants to return but won't be fit for the start of the season

???????

5 hours ago, whistlegang said:

R Andrews and Brooks next 2 please

Brooks signed for MFT, and expect Andrews and Wilson to be announced at Plymouth shortly too.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, adz_mft said:

If Jenkins,Georgie Wood and 2 pointer fits?