British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Not an option if your still planning on Saturday’s as it would clash with his rides for Eastbourne.

But I am sure that the Saturdays had been turned down by the council ?  Is there still that possibility ?

Will make a big difference to my visits there, Saturdays make the travelling easier. Does anyone know

anything on this topic?

39 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

But I am sure that the Saturdays had been turned down by the council ?  Is there still that possibility ?

Will make a big difference to my visits there, Saturdays make the travelling easier. Does anyone know

anything on this topic?

The recommendation is to turn down the proposal. The actual hearing hasn’t happened yet. 

19th December the final decision is made. That said a long time before Easter to reapply anyway.

Kemp gets my vote at number 1

On 12/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, TurnTwo said:

I can’t see Kemp doing it as once he gets his avg he will be in at Ipswich anyway 

Can you explain that, TurnTwo ?  Do not understand what you mean.  Clearly you know stuff that I don't.

And what about Kemp ?  Is he riding in the National League ? I thought I saw somewhere that he was in

the Sheffield side in the Championship League.  

19 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Can you explain that, TurnTwo ?  Do not understand what you mean.  Clearly you know stuff that I don't.

And what about Kemp ?  Is he riding in the National League ? I thought I saw somewhere that he was in

the Sheffield side in the Championship League.  

You are correct with Kemp having a Championship place at Sheffield. He has been signed on a 2 point average having completed one less meeting than is required to get an actual average. When that next meeting is completed his average goes up to 4.5 something. Then with the conversion rate of 1.5 between Champ & Prem next year he would become eligible to be a 3 point Premiership rider and take up a place at Ipswich. 

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

You are correct with Kemp having a Championship place at Sheffield. He has been signed on a 2 point average having completed one less meeting than is required to get an actual average. When that next meeting is completed his average goes up to 4.5 something. Then with the conversion rate of 1.5 between Champ & Prem next year he would become eligible to be a 3 point Premiership rider and take up a place at Ipswich. 

Just glad everything is simple in Speedway ???? :o

The worst bit is that whilst complicated the above actually has documented rules.....it appears that the NL for 2019 does not as yet.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The worst bit is that whilst complicated the above actually has documented rules.....it appears that the NL for 2019 does not as yet.

So Bowtell looks to be the third heat leader?

20 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

So Bowtell looks to be the third heat leader?

Can't have been the initial plan as Eastbourne are also running Saturdays. Josh Bailey would be a good signing but is another double upper.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, teaboy279 said:

19th December the final decision is made. That said a long time before Easter to reapply anyway.

Kemp gets my vote at number 1

Any news on the final decision.

1 minute ago, TurnTwo said:

I think you’ll find it will be a Mancunian rider 

That would leave a 4 and a bit point hole, not really any riders around on that average...the return of Bradley Andrews? Can't help but feel that Kent have blundered the team building this year....

kent had a brilliant start to team building this year getting gilkes and have made a right pigs ear  of the rest of it mainly due to the potential racenight