British Speedway Forum

the best side kent have assembled but they still need a solid no 1, is bowen def crocked ?  if he is I would try to tempt baseby into another season, vastly experienced and rarely has a bad match anywhere

1 hour ago, whistlegang said:

Ablitt signs 

Please look after him. 

Having watched him for about 10 years at Arlington starting with 4 laps before each Elite League match on a small machine we have become very attached to him.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

the best side kent have assembled but they still need a solid no 1, is bowen def crocked ?  if he is I would try to tempt baseby into another season, vastly experienced and rarely has a bad match anywhere

I think the rumoured over 4 in the 2nd tier rules Bowen out? Think Baseby would have been popular at Kent initially but over the past couple of season his antics & associations rule him out with the fans. Personally i would say Josh Bailey is a good a choice as anyone available. 

53 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Please look after him. 

Having watched him for about 10 years at Arlington starting with 4 laps before each Elite League match on a small machine we have become very attached to him.

...and doing 4 laps at the Arena Raceway I have become very impressed by him. Even as a thirteen year old he often had the beating of Jason Edwards and last season was posting times only a few seconds outside those of the main match. 

1 hour ago, whistlegang said:

Kent will win the league next season. Remember this post!

Logged in the memory :)

4 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Bowen is definitely out because of his injury & the 4 point rule, at the moment it is looking like his speedway may be over. There is NO way Len would have Baseby in the team after his antics last season. My guess is it is Kemp, although almost all Kent supporters would prefer Jack Thomas at No 1.

21 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Bowen is definitely out because of his injury & the 4 point rule, at the moment it is looking like his speedway may be over. There is NO way Len would have Baseby in the team after his antics last season. My guess is it is Kemp, although almost all Kent supporters would prefer Jack Thomas at No 1.

It will not be Jack Thomas as he will be riding somewhere else.

Cannot see Kemp either if rumours of joining Ipswich are true.

Looks like Kent will be a coupe of points or so less than the 36 limit.

But with all the young guns I cannot see that mattering much. :D

Edited by blueherb777
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

It will not be Jack Thomas as he will be riding somewhere else.

Cannot see Kemp either if rumours of joining Ipswich are true.

Looks like Kent will be a coupe of points or so less than the 36 limit.

But with all the young guns I cannot see that mattering much. :D

Yup Jack is at Leicester on sat night so ruled out of Kent plans.  

When you say young guns don't you mean young guns & 1 slightly ageing cannon. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Yup Jack is at Leicester on sat night so ruled out of Kent plans.  

When you say young guns don't you mean young guns & 1 slightly ageing cannon. :)

Yes,but must be very young at heart after such a long absence. :D

• Like 1

I do not know much about Ablitt.  Is he really as good as posters on this line are suggesting ?

Is it correct that he is 15 in March ?   Reminds me, if he is, rather like when Anders Rowe first started.

Bottom end of Kent looks good to me.

In my opinion every other side would want Ablitt in their side (Leicester apart). I think he has more to offer than Rowe and suspect he will end up in the main team soon having a Jason Edwards style debut season.