British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In my opinion every other side would want Ablitt in their side (Leicester apart). I think he has more to offer than Rowe and suspect he will end up in the main team soon having a Jason Edwards style debut season.

Talking of style, I think Nathan rides like the top Polish boys do.

He was voted Star performer at the young lions academy at Cardiff and got to present a gp trophy, so people with far more knowledge then most of us rated him highly.

Something I 've noticed over the last few seasons is how pleasant most of these young lads coming through. 

Does anyone know if Jake Knight is looking to ride in 2019? I always enjoyed his whole-hearted racing style and would love to see him at Central Park. I assume he has never reached a 4 point average in the middle tier, which must make him an attractive option?

30 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Does anyone know if Jake Knight is looking to ride in 2019? I always enjoyed his whole-hearted racing style and would love to see him at Central Park. I assume he has never reached a 4 point average in the middle tier, which must make him an attractive option?

Kent tried to get him as a replacement for Bowen/Boxall when Bowen was injured this season but couldn't agree a deal which was a real shame, as you say he would have been great at Central Park (and at eastbourne at the end of the season!) this may have put Len off asking him again.

Not sure about the 4 point average.

2 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

He’s always said he can’t make doing the NL only pay and seeing his comments this winter it doesn’t look like we’ll see him back anytime soon. 

So Kent No1 is Drew Kemp. That makes a really strong side.

But the consensus seems to be that Leicester will be the team to beat with an unbeatable top 2 plus two of the best

youngsters in the country..Isn't that the case any more ?

22 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

But the consensus seems to be that Leicester will be the team to beat with an unbeatable top 2 plus two of the best

youngsters in the country..Isn't that the case any more ?

Not in my book. Signing Kemp and Ablitt tips the balance.

Gilkes looked superb in the SDL, Spooner really came on toward the end of this last season.

Support from Jenkins and the old boy should ensure Kent win home and away,

Kent Belle Vue Leicester and Cradley look the strongest with Belle Vue home knowledge making them favourites 

The last 2 signings make kent clear favs for me, going to have good reserves all season long, spooner could be at reserve mopping up after couple of months

• Like 1

Just look at this year mildenhall were walking it till playoffs a few injuries and it’s over there’s a few solid teams that if stay injury free could all be in the mix 

• Like 1

A fantastic team! Ablitt & Kemp have pushed them from being play-off contenders to title favourites. A well balanced team with a stand out number 1 and always brilliant reserves. 

• Like 1