British Speedway Forum

Obviously Ledwith is the teams mature rider but the average age of the other 6 riders is under 17, should be an exciting season. 

• Like 2

Great signing for Kent and a good move for Drew

He should clean up in the NL and take that confidence into the Championship and hopefully beyond

• Like 1

This is the team to beat. Just hope they don’t have an trouble with injuries. 

• Like 1

Did not realise that, apart from Ledwith, the rest of the team are under 17.  I am already looking forward to my

visits to Sittingbourne and I hope they get the Saturdays so that traffic is easier. Does anyone know what is

happening on that front ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Did not realise that, apart from Ledwith, the rest of the team are under 17.  I am already looking forward to my

visits to Sittingbourne and I hope they get the Saturdays so that traffic is easier. Does anyone know what is

Kent are appealing the decision and are hopeful of a go ahead.We shall see.

Agree a very exciting young team for the NL,and nice to see after the early years of wobblers :D

Certainly looks like Len has mopped up some of the brightest young talent around for 2019.

Looking further ahead, the stadium deserves to host at least Championship level speedway, and if they can get Saturday racing  for 2020, could this be the nucleus to take into the Championship. I believe Anders is a Swindon asset, but what is the situation re Kemp and Jenkins? Are they only affiliated to Mildenhall, in which case, if Kent did move up a league, presumably they could become King's assets? If all goes well this coming season, I could see Len only having to find a couple of heat leaders to field a very attractive Championship side, the bulk of which would be largely home grown/developed. 

Exciting times ahead I suspect - just a shame that his latest injury has ruled out Luke, and maybe ended his career. Having seen him come through at Rye House, I have to say that in my opinion he was even better value at Central Park where he clearly enjoyed being a No 1.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Certainly looks like Len has mopped up some of the brightest young talent around for 2019.

Looking further ahead, the stadium deserves to host at least Championship level speedway, and if they can get Saturday racing  for 2020, could this be the nucleus to take into the Championship. I believe Anders is a Swindon asset, but what is the situation re Kemp and Jenkins? Are they only affiliated to Mildenhall, in which case, if Kent did move up a league, presumably they could become King's assets? If all goes well this coming season, I could see Len only having to find a couple of heat leaders to field a very attractive Championship side, the bulk of which would be largely home grown/developed. 

Exciting times ahead I suspect - just a shame that his latest injury has ruled out Luke, and maybe ended his career. Having seen him come through at Rye House, I have to say that in my opinion he was even better value at Central Park where he clearly enjoyed being a No 1.

Co-promoter Len Silver is delighted with his pre-Christmas business,
“I am happy to announce now that our side is (subject to British Speedway Promoters Association [BSPA] approval):
1. Drew Kemp (on loan from Ipswich and doubling with Sheffield) 9.15
2. Anders Rowe( on loan from Swindon, doubling with Somerset) 7.26
3. Jordan Jenkins ( Asset of Kent on full contract) 7.04
4. Alex Spooner ( Asset of Kent on full contract ) 4.50
5. Rob Ledwith ( Asset of Kent on full contract) 3.50
6. Daniel Gilkes (Asset of Kent on full contract) 2.00
7 Nathan Ablitt ( 15 yrs old provisional contract) 2.00
Team total: 35.45 within the 36 limit imposed this year.

“Both Chris (Hunt – team manager) and I are delighted with our seven riders, all of whom look to have the potential to push up their averages. 
"In Drew we have an out and out Number One (carrying on in the best of Kings' tradition) - he was the rider to watch last season, storming through the NL with Mildenhall and when he turned 16 immediately making a huge impression with his home town club, Ipswich. Drew will double up with Sheffield this year but we don’t anticipate this causing us too many problems with any fixture clashes. . Drew will link up with newly contracted Jordan (also a member of that unbeaten Mildenhall NL side of 2018) and, of course, Anders - a super trio to top the team.”

Part of article On Kents Speedway website.

9 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

I'm sure I either read it, or heard it somewhere that your comments are similar to some coming from the Kent management. I did not realise how young

some of the Kings team is, apart from Ledwith.  So it is not unrealistic to think that as they progress many of them COULD reach Championship level.

And don't Kent also own Danny Ayres ?  But I would assume it all depends on getting Saturdays.

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Saturday's would clash with Eastbourne's return to middle tier racing, which would be bad news for me. Choices would have to be made.

1 hour ago, iand said:

Co-promoter Len Silver is delighted with his pre-Christmas business,
“I am happy to announce now that our side is (subject to British Speedway Promoters Association [BSPA] approval):
1. Drew Kemp (on loan from Ipswich and doubling with Sheffield) 9.15
2. Anders Rowe( on loan from Swindon, doubling with Somerset) 7.26
3. Jordan Jenkins ( Asset of Kent on full contract) 7.04
4. Alex Spooner ( Asset of Kent on full contract ) 4.50
5. Rob Ledwith ( Asset of Kent on full contract) 3.50
6. Daniel Gilkes (Asset of Kent on full contract) 2.00
7 Nathan Ablitt ( 15 yrs old provisional contract) 2.00
Team total: 35.45 within the 36 limit imposed this year.

When did the regulation change about NL teams being able to hold rider registrations for these to be quoted as "Kent assets" ?

Would think when Nathan Ablitt is 16 he'll become an Eastbourne asset. 

8 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Last season according to Jayne Moss from Buxton 

The right to hold assets was reinstated to NL clubs last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Good of the authorities to let the fans know!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

So are they going to reinstate the ones they stole from Birmingham? 

• Like 1