British Speedway Forum

Can't comment on perks and extras but as far as I know for the last 3 seasons all riders 1-7 have all been on the same £20 per point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Can't comment on perks and extras but as far as I know for the last 3 seasons all riders 1-7 have all been on the same £20 per point.

Can’t see a number 1 agreeing to ride for the same points as a reserve 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Biggest load of bull I’ve ever heard. You mean to tell me that Hurry, Bowen & Boxall we’re riding for £20pp I think you’ll find all 3 were probably closer to double that.

• Like 2

Whilst on face value it seems unlikely riders were all on £20 pp its still a decent wedge if your outgoings are small. Bowen & Hurry aren't daft and know that if engine servicing & spares van bills are being picked up its certainly worth more in the long run than a few extra pounds per point. 

I think what you will find is all the riders would have been told to tell one another they’re on 20 so that there is no contraversey. Then when they get their wages the rest would have been topped up. Having sponsored one of the team previously I know they were not on 20. But if Len has to pay those sorts of wages to field a winning team to get bums on seats then so be it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Biggest load of bull I’ve ever heard. You mean to tell me that Hurry, Bowen & Boxall we’re riding for £20pp I think you’ll find all 3 were probably closer to double that.

Unless your a riders bank manager or wife your never really know what any rider gets from a Club. You can think what you like, as I do about things. I can say things as I know them to be.

I haven’t said you can’t say what you want. Nobody can stop the freedom of speech. But what I can do is pick you up on a point made by yourself that makes you look quite stupid mac 101 and sings can clearly see that too and surely even with your rose tinted glasses must be able to see that not all of the team aren’t in that wage maybe your family member was but that was it if so. 

11 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

I haven’t said you can’t say what you want. Nobody can stop the freedom of speech. But what I can do is pick you up on a point made by yourself that makes you look quite stupid mac 101 and sings can clearly see that too and surely even with your rose tinted glasses must be able to see that not all of the team aren’t in that wage maybe your family member was but that was it if so. 

I can accept looking stupid, it's not uncommon.

But no rose tinted specs, as it affects me not in the slightest what the riders are earning.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 10:24 PM, TurnTwo said:

Funnily enough, I can remember some few years ago that I was told by one of his riders that the whole team at Rye House were

on the same points money. So maybe that is one of Len's strategies ?  Anyhow, as I've said before, where riders' pay is concerned, so long as I feel

that they are being treated fairly, I'm happy.  Would not like to think that they are being taken advantage of ( I'm sure that happens sometimes).

Does anyone know when the new hearing will be for Kent's application to run on Saturdays ?  Far more important to me than

worrying about how much the riders get paid.  Also can anyone tell me how I can write to the Council...address etc to support

the application.  Would be a good idea for us all to do it especially if we can do it by e-mail which is so easy.

55 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Does anyone know when the new hearing will be for Kent's application to run on Saturdays ?  Far more important to me than

worrying about how much the riders get paid.  Also can anyone tell me how I can write to the Council...address etc to support

the application.  Would be a good idea for us all to do it especially if we can do it by e-mail which is so easy.

You can email the council if you wish. I cannot see the new application online...however, not the easiest thing to find, I will admit.

However, my experience of planning committees is that disregard utterly any representations from "out of area".

On 1/2/2019 at 2:47 PM, East End Fan said:

The application is on Swale council planning site as from 13/12/18. Just go on their planning site & put in Central Park.  

There is no doubt that Roger would like as many people as possible to write in/email in support of the application even if they reside outside the Sittingbourne area. 

On 1/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, flipper11 said:

The application is on Swale council planning site as from 13/12/18. Just go on their planning site & put in Central Park.  

There is no doubt that Roger would like as many people as possible to write in/email in support of the application even if they reside outside the Sittingbourne area. 

I tried to get onto the Swale Council site to add my bit in support of the Saturday thing, but, sadly, my lack of knowledge about how this blessed

internet works, I did not succeed.  So I think all those who ARE able to press the right buttons should add their support. For the long term, I am

sure this move is essential to Kent.  I am not the only one who would find Saturdays easier than Mondays.  Has the club said anything about the

opening date yet ?

42 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I tried to get onto the Swale Council site to add my bit in support of the Saturday thing, but, sadly, my lack of knowledge about how this blessed

internet works, I did not succeed.  So I think all those who ARE able to press the right buttons should add their support. For the long term, I am

sure this move is essential to Kent.  I am not the only one who would find Saturdays easier than Mondays.  Has the club said anything about the

opening date yet ?

Google Swale Council Planning, then click on search for or comment on an application, then click on comment or object to a planning application (its in brown) then at the bottom where it says enter keyword reference number or post code you put Central Park and bingo it comes up. Yes very long winded and there may be a quicker way of getting on their planning site but this is the only way i no!   I think the 1st meeting is on Easter bank holiday.  

7 hours ago, East End Fan said:

opening date yet ?

Regardless of the planning meeting, Kents opener will be on Easter Monday, the 2nd fixture will be May bank holiday Monday 2 weeks later, the following meetings will be either sat/Mon depending on planning decision.