British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Do common sense and speedway ever go together.

Looking at politics, top flight football and youth of today, does common sense even exist anymore......

47 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

We run every week Mac, something our promotion and fans are very proud of. Even challenge matches raised over 500 people on the gate. And in the summer holidays I am pretty sure we had a press release saying we had four figure crowds each week.

Eastbourne over the last 2 seasons have had massive gaps in their fixtures, perhaps the new promoters will try to run weekly.

Apart from the Kent based Eastbourne riders and a group of faversham/Canterbury based eagles fans and the odd neutral like city rebel there is very little cross over in fans, such is the strength of rivalry.

I know about 10 people that are regulars at both venues. The lack of competitive meetings in both clubs fixture lists next season might ensure there won't be too many clashes if they race on The same night. I might do the odd challenge match at Kent, but fours, pairs and individuals are out of the question for me.

The Kent web site is saying that a new sponsor is to be announced during a Dog Racing meeting at the stadium next Sunday. Seems a very 

strange way to introduce a new Speedway sponsor at a Dog meeting.

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

The Kent web site is saying that a new sponsor is to be announced during a Dog Racing meeting at the stadium next Sunday. Seems a very 

strange way to introduce a new Speedway sponsor at a Dog meeting.

Why would you think that is strange?! 

It is Kent’s speedway stadium.    Roger is the speedway promoter and stadium owner. 

Good evening last night with all the riders in attendance for the unveiling of our new Sponsors Touch Tec.

There was a real buzz about the place and already seems great team spirit between the lads. Roll on April...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Good evening last night with all the riders in attendance for the unveiling of our new Sponsors Touch Tec.

There was a real buzz about the place and already seems great team spirit between the lads. Roll on April...

Good news on your new sponsors - looks like a two-year deal from the promotional poster I have seen. And I have to say, I just love the poster, really good with plenty of impact. Where was the photograph taken? Not Kent.

16 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Are the new sponsors being involved with the Club Programme?

Thought I read that somewhere.

9 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I hope so because Kent’s programme is terrible 

Agree.Not many Clubs had a worse one in the SS programme awards. :nono:

7 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree.Not many Clubs had a worse one in the SS programme awards. :nono:

The Eastbourne programme is excellent, but at a pound dearer it should be. For me personally, I'd be happy enough with a simple race card. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The Eastbourne programme is excellent, but at a pound dearer it should be. For me personally, I'd be happy enough with a simple race card. 

Understand that,some supporters would just like a race card.

But if you do produce a programme,you need to make it interesting and have some pride in what you sell, to show the Club in a better light.IMHO :D

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Len has never produced a decent programme!

You beat me to it. I only collect the programmes of the meetings i go to, before they end up in a box never to be seen again!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, cityrebel said:

You beat me to it. I only collect the programmes of the meetings i go to, before they end up in a box never to be seen again!

I always buy a programme...I simply want the most important bit, the race card which I like to be very clear and on paper I can write on.

I also look for information I need, or am interested in, but it doesn't bother me if the artistic side of things is less than perfect.  Never read the

SS programme comments.   Great news about the new sponsor. Pity I couldn't get to last Sunday's thing at the stadium. I would have liked to have

spoken to the riders. Seems a very young bunch this year.