British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That is one alarming denial reason given. If noise is deemed harmful on a Saturday it asks the question why is it not deemed harmful on a Monday night. Whilst the decision taken completely contradicts the current permission given it must open the door for the local anti speedway brigade to try and get it shut down all together?

It does open the door to try and get it shut down. This is another danger of continual planning applications for the same site.

• Sad 1

I have to sadly agree with Richard, it would in my opinion have been wiser to wait and try again later in the year and give longer to prepare the case better.

If Local Authority Planning turns against you, a very sticky wicket.

Kent also left in position of turning all Provisional Dates in to actual dates and a nightmare so far for away visitors in particular to plan and Monday is so tough travel wise from North or West.

I am sad to say, as have a lot of respect for Len, that this has not been handled particularly well.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That is one alarming denial reason given. If noise is deemed harmful on a Saturday it asks the question why is it not deemed harmful on a Monday night. Whilst the decision taken completely contradicts the current permission given it must open the door for the local anti speedway brigade to try and get it shut down all together?

I thought that but on reflection the argument could be that on a Saturday evening (a leisure day/time) people might expect to enjoy their garden, have a barbecue etc in relative quiet. However, a Monday night - with it all wrapped up by 8.30 - is not usually a time when most people want to sit quietly in their garden.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Ironically the complaints come mainly from one road, that road has a music festival taking place at a social club at the end of its road this summer, wonder how the locals will enjoy that....

Interestingly I believe the site still has permission to host Football matches upto 11.30pm wuth no restriction on days, and i think still has per.ission to hold 4 outside music events, making this decision and the objections a lot more baffling.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Ironically the complaints come mainly from one road, that road has a music festival taking place at a social club at the end of its road this summer, wonder how the locals will enjoy that....

Interestingly I believe the site still has permission to host Football matches upto 11.30pm wuth no restriction on days, and i think still has per.ission to hold 4 outside music events, making this decision and the objections a lot more baffling.

I know the place you mean. I bet the locals use that club on a regular basis, especially at weekends!

Sadly for me it means fewer visits as Monday travelling is not as good as Saturdays.   Does anybody know, is this the end of the matter

or can an appeal go to a higher Authority ?   Seems to me that the reasons given for refusal do not hold water.

I would be surprised if Roger and Len did not seek an appeal. Dog racing on a Monday morning shortens the preparation time for the track and fence erection. There are three appeal routes available and no doubt they will require a period of time in which to reflect upon the Planning refusal and how best to appeal the decision.

1 hour ago, Rebel1 said:

I would be surprised if Roger and Len did not seek an appeal. Dog racing on a Monday morning shortens the preparation time for the track and fence erection. There are three appeal routes available and no doubt they will require a period of time in which to reflect upon the Planning refusal and how best to appeal the decision.

Thanks Rebel1.  Sounds as if you know a bit about Town Planning  !   Maybe they should ask you to take up the challenge !   I had not given any thought to the Dogs on

Mondays and did not even realise that they ran in the morning.  Can't get many to watch it I would have thought, but then, I'm not a gambling man so I don't know what

their habits are.  But as you hint, it makes it even more attractive to run on Saturdays with Speedway.

I'd agree.

My view is that there is considerable merit in pursuing an appeal, and I think the chances of success are good. These things are never guaranteed but I think a well argued case ought to persuade the Planning Inspectorate that Swale council has misdirected itself.

16 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Thanks Rebel1.  Sounds as if you know a bit about Town Planning  !   Maybe they should ask you to take up the challenge !   I had not given any thought to the Dogs on

Mondays and did not even realise that they ran in the morning.  Can't get many to watch it I would have thought, but then, I'm not a gambling man so I don't know what

their habits are.  But as you hint, it makes it even more attractive to run on Saturdays with Speedway.

Yep Kent have followed the trend in Greyhounds of being broadcast direct into Bookmakers and therefore have to run on strange days / times of day. Its another sport where the viewing habits are changing constantly but the interest is still there.

15 blinking quid to get in at Kent this year! Fair play to those who can sustain the constant rises but personally i will be attending very few meetings at that rate. More likely spending my money at Eastbourne at the next level up for just a quid more. 

Poor reasoning too, riders costs have gone up because they have allowed them to, its not the fans fault that riders choose to have new race suits, bikes, engines every season but they are the ones being hit in the pocket.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

15 blinking quid to get in at Kent this year! Fair play to those who can sustain the constant rises but personally i will be attending very few meetings at that rate. More likely spending my money at Eastbourne at the next level up for just a quid more. 

Poor reasoning too, riders costs have gone up because they have allowed them to, its not the fans fault that riders choose to have new race suits, bikes, engines every season but they are the ones being hit in the pocket.  

It's only a pound more at some Championship clubs. Len has truly lost his marbles. The sport is heading one way, into oblivion.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It's only a pound more at some Championship clubs. Len has truly lost his marbles. The sport is heading one way, into oblivion.

£2 more than any other team in the league and £5 more than Belle Vue is alarming. Im impressed with the calibre of team that Kent have built this year but if its not being built with budget what hope does the sport have of surviving.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

£2 more than any other team in the league and £5 more than Belle Vue 

£10 to watch NDL racing on one of the top three tracks in the world, in the comfort of a modern stadium...

£15 to watch NDL racing on a slightly below average track, in a reasonably decent stadium... 

Some fans are getting a better deal than others

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

£10 to watch NDL racing on one of the top three tracks in the world, in the comfort of a modern stadium...

£15 to watch NDL racing on a slightly below average track, in a reasonably decent stadium... 

Some fans are getting a better deal than others

Especially when you consider that on occasions exactly the same sets of riders will be on show. In these times where equality is everything the gaps seem to be getting further apart.