British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Especially when you consider that on occasions exactly the same sets of riders will be on show. In these times where equality is everything the gaps seem to be getting further apart.

Is Len going to guarantee we get to watch 15 heats every week for our 15 quid, somehow i don't think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Especially when you consider that on occasions exactly the same sets of riders will be on show. In these times where equality is everything the gaps seem to be getting further apart.

£15 is too much for NL.

OK for the top League.

As you said,I think I will make trips to Eastbourne for a better quality product.

Not surprised with rise at Kent with Len in charge :nono:

Edited by blueherb777

The sad fact is that barring Cradley & Leicester i can't see any sides getting near Kent at Central Park so unlikely to pay out for one sided hammerings. Depending on the Eastbourne select side and how well the Plymouth side do in the early 4TT that might tempt me along but otherwise looking through the fixtures there isn't anything else that appeals to me. 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not fair to compare Belle Vue with any other club in the League as their agenda is totally different and can subsidise their 2nd team.

While I am all in favour of cheap prices, the extra £1 will not break my bank.  I hear about moans from clubs everywhere that they are

losing money, or struggling to break even.  Inflation of all kinds hits us all. It's a fact of life these days.

15 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Not fair to compare Belle Vue with any other club in the League as their agenda is totally different and can subsidise their 2nd team.

While I am all in favour of cheap prices, the extra £1 will not break my bank.  I hear about moans from clubs everywhere that they are

losing money, or struggling to break even.  Inflation of all kinds hits us all. It's a fact of life these days.

Whilst i accept that many clubs are struggling financially Kent have turned a profit every year and are able to top up rider packages with sponsored extras. Uncle Len using examples like Kemps kevlars cost him double what they did last year so need increases etc is baloney. They cost double because he went somewhere more expensive/took up the optional extras. If Kent/Len want to throw funding behind riders to help them progress quicker then fine but don't force the additional costs on to the paying public.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst i accept that many clubs are struggling financially Kent have turned a profit every year and are able to top up rider packages with sponsored extras. Uncle Len using examples like Kemps kevlars cost him double what they did last year so need increases etc is baloney. They cost double because he went somewhere more expensive/took up the optional extras. If Kent/Len want to throw funding behind riders to help them progress quicker then fine but don't force the additional costs on to the paying public.

strange idea that any money that Speedway costs should come from some other source than our admissions.  I know that some may come from

sponsorship,  but going back for as long as I have been watching Speedway, all the costs have been covered by admission money by and large. If riders

are helped to improve, they score more points and help win matches. Isn't that what we want as fans ?  Don't know what Kemp's kevlars have to do with it.

Strange move from Len,  who normally gets things right!.

Could argue comparison with Belle Vue (who have 2 Teams one in PL) is a bit unfair, but Kent still easily most expensive in NL.

What also confuses me is that in terms of "rival" he only has one geographically at Eastbourne and potential for them or Kent to attract support from Lakeside / Rye House and the London area, you'd think would be prime consideration.

Len in NL raises prices to £15 and has no OAP concessions.

Eastbourne move up to CL; have new management who tell everyone that they have  a carefully designed plan; and who then go £16 which is equal lowest in CL from what I can see for Adults; and looks very good value; also bring in new concessions for OAP's at £14 (according to their website they had no OAP concessions in NL?????); - which means that they charge a £1 less for higher league for any OAP to go and watch in the South East of England.  

Quite what Drew's kevlars has to do with it, who knows?, other than Drew should find someone else to make his kevlars who is not ripping him off, and Len should not rip fans off with such a tame excuse. Hopefully for Drew they won't get ripped in his first meeting or Len might be raising prices again!

• Like 2

Len used to charge top dollar at the Wick when Hackney had a poor team, so it's nothing new. These days you need to hang on to your fan base, not drive them away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Len used to charge top dollar at the Wick when Hackney had a poor team, so it's nothing new. These days you need to hang on to your fan base, not drive them away.

Sums it up nicely. ;)

Can't wait to see Drew Kemp's kevlars -- gold plated?

Expect the Speedway Star to dub Kemp the King of Bling.

Th young people of today.....etc etc etc

7 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Can't wait to see Drew Kemp's kevlars -- gold plated?

Expect the Speedway Star to dub Kemp the King of Bling.

Th young people of today.....etc etc etc

Can't imagine that the Company who has made them will be too happy with Len for announcing how much they have cost, anyone know who makes his??

I'm pretty sure rival manufacturers will be having a right belly laugh!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, cityrebel said:

I used to go to Hackney on a regular basis in the old days. Can't ever remember feeling I'd been ripped off.  Racing was great and always a good fun atmosphere.

I see that the kevlar issue is now becoming THE topic of conversation !!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I used to go to Hackney on a regular basis in the old days. Can't ever remember feeling I'd been ripped off.  Racing was great and always a good fun atmosphere.

I see that the kevlar issue is now becoming THE topic of conversation !!

I don't give a monkeys about the kevlars. I know i paid £16 at Leicester last night to watch the likes of Harris, Nicholls, Lawson & King. Only £1 more than Lennie will be charging this season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Drew Kemp in #kevlargate

I have to say i have nothing against Drew or where he chooses to get his kevlars made its just a really poor example from Len of how costs are rising as in examples like this they are not rising he is just choosing a more expensive brand. All other clubs blame stadium rent or medical cover increases to duck out of it so nothing new but he would have been better of saying we have signed an expensive team that i expect to get a lot of points so need to up the gate money.

• Like 3