British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, adz_mft said:

I don't think the finances were an issue. I believe we had a budget and stuck to that through the season. 

Jolly talked before last season started that it would potentially be his last so the reason to sell wasn't a surprise. 

I suspect if the new promotion thought the crowds would be an issue financially they wouldn't have carried on this season. 

Yes I can see that. However, it does look to be a cheaper team to run but one with huge potential to surprise

Why are we reading stuff about Mildenhall on the Kent page ?   Nothing against the Fen club, been there a few times and always

enjoyed it in spite of having a problem finding a seat. Important for me these days.

55 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Why are we reading stuff about Mildenhall on the Kent page ?   Nothing against the Fen club, been there a few times and always

enjoyed it in spite of having a problem finding a seat. Important for me these days.

Because it’s relevant to the discussion about Kent perhaps...

Season ticket is 280 quid which if it includes programme needs 16/17  meetings to pay for itself. Normally get at least 20 plus home fixtures so looks good value.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Season ticket is 280 quid which if it includes programme needs 16/17  meetings to pay for itself. Normally get at least 20 plus home fixtures so looks good value.

Looks steep to me. Only guaranteed 12 official meetings (silverski meeting Inc) So either hoping to make the final of every competition or you have a few challenges planned. Depending on what they are it may not be great value tbh. Mildenhall's is £169 which includes the guaranteed meetings, programme and a club polo shirt. Any extra meetings are then paid for separately which makes sense to me 

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Seems really steep to me.

I can get a ST for my football team next season for about £180!

Be interesting to learn how many Kent sell.

I would never commit to a season ticket at any track. I'd be quids out not attending the Micky mouse meetings and being faced with long journeys in dodgy weather. I'd rather pay a bit extra on the night and choose when i want to go.

I ve not had one before, but that usually because I ve not had the money in one go rather then any other reason.

But as we run every week and I attend each one, I really should try and get one this year.

7 hours ago, adz_mft said:

Looks steep to me. Only guaranteed 12 official meetings (silverski meeting Inc) So either hoping to make the final of every competition or you have a few challenges planned. Depending on what they are it may not be great value tbh. Mildenhall's is £169 which includes the guaranteed meetings, programme and a club polo shirt. Any extra meetings are then paid for separately which makes sense to me 

We have 22 home fixtures/reserved dates as it stands.

18 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

We have 22 home fixtures/reserved dates as it stands.

You can't really count the reserved dates though surely. I'd assume they are there for future rounds of koc/trophy/playoffs? They aren't guaranteed meetings

7 hours ago, adz_mft said:

You can't really count the reserved dates though surely. I'd assume they are there for future rounds of koc/trophy/playoffs? They aren't guaranteed meetings

Dont think we have not used a reserved date that we have set, in 6 seasons.

Having just checked our lowest number of home fixtures in a season is 19. That was 2013 and an 8 team league, and we got knocked out of everything first round.

Len runs Kent like it's still the 1980's, speedway every week. You have to applaud him for that. The crowd numbers prove it's what people want.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I ve not had one before, but that usually because I ve not had the money in one go rather then any other reason.

But as we run every week and I attend each one, I really should try and get one this year.

If you go to EVERY fixture then it is worth it.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

If you go to EVERY fixture then it is worth it.

No, if you go to 17 or more fixtures it’s worth it.