British Speedway Forum

With Belle vue coming to town Monday i cast extra eye over the 2 colt lads tonight. Woodhull won his first ride, missed his 2nd ride in ambulance with I believe arm pump, retired when last in his third, and did not take his 4th ride so is probably a doubt for Monday especially only being a challenge. Palin looks a class act with speed and race craft. From what i have seen him Dan Thompson, Nathan Ablitt, and Dan Gilkes genuinely have a chance to do a Drew Kemp and go from reserve to #1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

With Belle vue coming to town Monday i cast extra eye over the 2 colt lads tonight. Woodhull won his first ride, missed his 2nd ride in ambulance with I believe arm pump, retired when last in his third, and did not take his 4th ride so is probably a doubt for Monday especially only being a challenge. Palin looks a class act with speed and race craft. From what i have seen him Dan Thompson, Nathan Ablitt, and Dan Gilkes genuinely have a chance to do a Drew Kemp and go from reserve to #1.

I think Palin is going to make Danny Phillips look a bit daft at Belle Vue this and will form a very potent heat leader trio with Flint & Bickley. Both Thompsons should be in the main team in no time and the difference between them will only be slender due to Joe's slightly inferior gating. 

The more i look at the Kent side the more im impressed with it, if Jenkins is the rider least likely to progress and a potential reserve pairing later in the year of Ledwith & Spooner its only circumstances that look like stopping this side.

Kings' management have egg on their face for their decision to use r/r for Kemp at Plymouth.  Not a single point from his rides.

No wonder they lost.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Kings' management have egg on their face for their decision to use r/r for Kemp at Plymouth.  Not a single point from his rides.

No wonder they lost.

Have to agree with you, was a big gamble by Len that didn't pay off. Having said that to win away without a No 1 would have got the rest of the league worrying.

To lose by 2 points with the heat leaders 1,3 & 5 only scoring 3+1 points between them shows the strength of the Kent team.

12 hours ago, East End Fan said:

No wonder they lost.

They may have.  However, we do not know what efforts they made to find a suitable guest bearing in mind it was Good Friday.  Great effort by the Kent team and what a pair of reserves they have.  No Kent fans can be disappointed with this team surely?

8 hours ago, roguetrader said:

They may have.  However, we do not know what efforts they made to find a suitable guest bearing in mind it was Good Friday.  Great effort by the Kent team and what a pair of reserves they have.  No Kent fans can be disappointed with this team surely?

Oh we have some moany fans that will find something to knock, for sure.

Kent were robbed by poor refereeing,thats all.

Plymouths Campos and Andrews clearly bringing down Kent riders. The referee let the Andrews incident go, much to everyones surprise. Even the Andrews family said 'Rich got away with that one' Campos was leading,locked up,and was on his way down, when Jenkins,on his inside had nowhere to go. Most folk near me had to change their programmes as it was so obvious.

Zero from Kemps rides didnt help, but I do think Len was right to go with R/R.. Plymouth were riding to the best of their ability and could do little more. Kent are far better, especially as Kemp would have scored freely,I am sure.Very impressed with Ablitt.Only very hard riding from Stoneman cost him more points.I liked what I saw of Gilkes,aggressive and controlled.

Dont be too hard on your riders or management. Its not often that a referee has such an impact on a result.

Oh and before anyone says I am biased, I am a Poole fan, who goes to Plymouth regularly as its the closest track to my home in Torquay. I just like to see justice served whether its for or against my side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, East End Fan said:

No wonder they lost.

There was hardly suitable rider available. Tom Brennan and Ben Morley were riding for Eastbourne, Max Clegg - Edinburgh, Leon Flint and Kyle Bickley - Belle Vue and Tom Bacon - Stoke. 

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Kent were robbed by poor refereeing,thats all.

Plymouths Campos and Andrews clearly bringing down Kent riders. The referee let the Andrews incident go, much to everyones surprise. Even the Andrews family said 'Rich got away with that one' Campos was leading,locked up,and was on his way down, when Jenkins,on his inside had nowhere to go. Most folk near me had to change their programmes as it was so obvious.

Zero from Kemps rides didnt help, but I do think Len was right to go with R/R.. Plymouth were riding to the best of their ability and could do little more. Kent are far better, especially as Kemp would have scored freely,I am sure.Very impressed with Ablitt.Only very hard riding from Stoneman cost him more points.I liked what I saw of Gilkes,aggressive and controlled.

Dont be too hard on your riders or management. Its not often that a referee has such an impact on a result.

Oh and before anyone says I am biased, I am a Poole fan, who goes to Plymouth regularly as its the closest track to my home in Torquay. I just like to see justice served whether its for or against my side.

Thanks, BobC.  Good to hear from a person who was actually in the stadium. Has put an entirely different aspect on it to me.

I too was at this meeting ,ledwith seemed to be trying to hard his bikes never looked set up for the small track there was a few bizarre referring decisions but I think Plymouth just about deserved  to win on the night,but Kent with all there riders are going to be very hard to handle for anyone where Len has got those two boys at reserve from god only knows but they are very impressive especially Gilkes he could go as far as he wants the last time I saw a team  that strong was the scunthorpe team including woffinden,auty,Becker and Dennis.im looking forward to seeing their result against Belle Vue today I totally get why they did r/r on Friday on any other day they would have won.good luck to Kent for the rest of the season the fans will have a great time watching them this season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I too was at this meeting ,ledwith seemed to be trying to hard his bikes never looked set up for the small track there was a few bizarre referring decisions but I think Plymouth just about deserved  to win on the night,but Kent with all there riders are going to be very hard to handle for anyone where Len has got those two boys at reserve from god only knows but they are very impressive especially Gilkes he could go as far as he wants the last time I saw a team  that strong was the scunthorpe team including woffinden,auty,Becker and Dennis.im looking forward to seeing their result against Belle Vue today I totally get why they did r/r on Friday on any other day they would have won.good luck to Kent for the rest of the season the fans will have a great time watching them this season.

Looking forwards to taking in Kent v Belle Vue Colts this afternoon having spent 2 lovely days on beach in area following Eastbourne v Brummies on Friday.

Will be an interesting encounter between 2 of the 3 Teams most people think will dominate the League. If BV can get 40 points there would be a huge "marker" for them. Kemp's CL form very in and out but should dominate here on 2018 form.

I've seen Gilkes and Ablitt a few times when Brummies down at Arlington in NL Ablitt used to ride before meeting and after and Gilkes regualr there in SDL for Reading; and also in SDL matches at various NL tracks I visited; so am assuming Gilkes and Ablitt were free mainly as a result of Eastbourne moving up and Kent being only NL option in that part of the world; as I'm sure Connor Dugard would have had them snapped up for Eastbourne . I did hear a whisper Leicester were after Gilkes who lives in Northampton I think but would imagine with Thompson twins in reserve spots Leicester did not want 3 riders on 2 point averages new to the sport.  

With Ledworth having bought 2 of niki Peterson’s bike he might have  a big problems getting them set up  for tracks over here I used to help Chris mills a while back and he bought 2 of Niki,s engines and  they were made so fast he could not get the power onto the ground on the slick tracks over here  the engines are so hard to soften or flatten out no matter how hard you try with the compression so high in them ,but the engines are great on the big fast full flat out tracks like Belle Vue and Kent and any with a bit of dirt on them but you don’t get many like that in the NL but no way will they work on the likes of Plymouth or small track no matter how good a rider you are 

Edited by mac101

Today’s meeting against Belle Vue did it run within the time allowed had it started at 6 pm?

Yes decent meeting, a lot of crashes, not great track conditions, decent crowd for NL. I'd say about 1 hour 50 mins but wasn't timing it. Got to try to navigate the M25 home now but having a bite to wait til it does down a bit.

49 minutes ago, GWC said:

Today’s meeting against Belle Vue did it run within the time allowed had it started at 6 pm?

Last race started just after 18.00.