British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Is that what happened to you ?

Nope ,  My lad kept going far too long , putting up with all the crap and 2 faced people , until he was forced by family commitments to take a short break , within weeks and without any conversation between  us  I knew the penny had dropped , that there WAS life outside speedway and he would not be going back ,   It never cost me a bean , because he has a really well paid job , and I was self employed .so the time off didn't matter  , he has an account of every penny he ever spent on speedway .  believe me  it would make your eyes water if you saw it , then again you would most likely think I made it up , like you did with my previous comments

Was Jordan Jenkins hit with a 28 day ban for withholding his services?

As I have just been on your website to check news on Drew, I noticed Jordan has changed his mind & Kent applied to re-introduce him straight away. Will his ban now be changed to 14 days?

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Was Jordan Jenkins hit with a 28 day ban for withholding his services?

As I have just been on your website to check news on Drew, I noticed Jordan has changed his mind & Kent applied to re-introduce him straight away. Will his ban now be changed to 14 days?

He has got a 28 day ban. Will be back in time for the play offs though. 

Hopefully that means we have Drew with no other commitments, Jenkins back, Spooner back & Ledwith back for the play offs.  Hopefully!! 

Len should fight for the ban to be 14 days only unless rules changed from 2 years back. Returning for same team means ban to be 14 days, in the interests of speedway, though.

9 hours ago, flipper11 said:

He has got a 28 day ban. Will be back in time for the play offs though. 

Hopefully that means we have Drew with no other commitments, Jenkins back, Spooner back & Ledwith back for the play offs.  Hopefully!! 

Can Ledwith be reintroduced to the 1-7 (ie is Wallinger just signed in injury cover?)?

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Can Ledwith be reintroduced to the 1-7 (ie is Wallinger just signed in injury cover?)?

That was the way that i read it. Same as Spooner for Clouting.

1 hour ago, flipper11 said:

That was the way that i read it. Same as Spooner for Clouting.

Yeah both announced as injury replacements so can slot back in. A Kent with with a fit Ledwith & Spooner plus Jenkins in and Kemp not missing are arguably title favourites. Even Ablitt leaving has ended up working out!

On 8/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, IronScorpion said:

Len should fight for the ban to be 14 days only unless rules changed from 2 years back. Returning for same team means ban to be 14 days, in the interests of speedway, though.

It’s a bit of a joke that a young lad like Jenkins has been given a 28 day ban and Cook who was involved in unsavoury scenes has seemingly got away with it because mr chapman decided to appeal said ban because it would affect his sides chances of reaching the play offs.

I have said this for a while now in that riders, when not getting paid, have to continue riding because of the threat of withholding their services & a 28 day ban.

If riders are not paid they should be allowed a 7 day leave of absence with the club suffering with no facility. 

Well that was a good start from your new signing,I’m not having a go at the Kent fans or promotion here honestly but you might be seeing a lot of performances like that I Hope Ledwith is fit soon and it does not ruin your season as Kent is a very good side.

Edited by Mike0310

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Well that was a good start from your new signing,I’m not having a go at the Kent fans or promotion here honestly but you might be seeing a lot of performances like that I Hope Ledwith is fit soon and it does not ruin your season as Kent is a very good side.

Some would call it average lowering. 

On 8/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect the vast majority of youth racing takes place at the weekends which is far easier to balance. There were obviously a lot of extra pre/post race laps completed by some like Rowe/Kemp/Ablitt etc but to say they all know what it takes is a bit far off. Gilkes trod water for a long time before really stepping up a level on a 500 machine, Spooner had terrible equipment until Kent set him up. Clouting has great bikes and crew but very little racing experience and Mulford whilst a natural talent is getting by on a wing and a prayer at the moment. 

Not taking away any achievements by any of these riders (and their families to get them here) but even the most prepared riders like Flint/Bickley/Atkins who have been raised ready for Speedway must breathe a sigh of relief when a season is over. 

Hi Sings, I know you're very knowledgeable, and always speak sense, but I'm wondering when did Dan Gilkes "tread water for a long time on a 500"? He was only just over 15 (and therefore only just on a 500) when he appeared for Reading in 2017 in his first SDL match and scored 6 (I think), and the following season he was so good in both the SDL and the MDL that the NL promoters were queueing up for him part way through the season. To be honest he could have gone NL at the start of 2018, he was quick enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Some would call it average lowering. 

That’s not helping Kent’s cause is it.

11 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I have said this for a while now in that riders, when not getting paid, have to continue riding because of the threat of withholding their services & a 28 day ban.

If riders are not paid they should be allowed a 7 day leave of absence with the club suffering with no facility. 

Is there some suggestion that Jenkins has not been paid ?  I really find that hard to believe.  Does anyone know the facts ?

Jenkins had definitely been paid  as with all Kent riders, straight after the meeting!!!

• Like 1