British Speedway Forum

On 9/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, flipper11 said:

Wow i missed that one!

Ironscorpion can you please explain what you meant by Jenkins not being paid.   Where on earth have you got that from?

I doubt if there's a problem regarding pay. Len Silver is old school. Why historically have so many riders stuck with his various teams.

13 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I doubt if there's a problem regarding pay. Len Silver is old school. Why historically have so many riders stuck with his various teams.

ALL THE RIDERS OF KENT KINGS GET PAID ON THE NIGHT AFTER EVERY HOME MEETING

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robolots said:

ALL THE RIDERS OF KENT KINGS GET PAID ON THE NIGHT AFTER EVERY HOME MEETING

Did i say they weren't ?

On 9/2/2019 at 7:43 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Hi Skydog. Bad wording on my part there. I saw Dan several times on a 250 machine and he was going quick but nothing exceptional compared to seeing Ablitt, Edwards, Thompsons etc on the same machinery however the step up in class saw him make huge strides in his first dev league season often missing out on maximums due to silly falls / mechanical gremlins if i recall. 

Yes very bad wording as Dan only ever rode in one competitive meeting on his 250. As for treading water, Dan chose to finish his education before fully committing to NL speedway!

As Skydog said, Dan rode in the SDL when he was old enough in 2017 and then had a year in the MDL/SDL (2018) to further his riding development whilst studying and completing his education. 

And although every speedway will fall off from either being knocked off or from a mistake they make, I'm not sure where you got "mechanical gremlins from" as there hasn't been any with the 500 machinery. 

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Did i say they weren't ?

No, I didn't say you did (copied wrong part of message-sorry) I was trying to re-affirm what you had said.

I know 100% that Kent riders are paid and others on here either have an agenda or just like a no fact sh*t stir.

Edited by robolots
  • Like 2

Pity some other promoters are not on the ball like Len and he's always been the same

13 hours ago, robolots said:

Yes very bad wording as Dan only ever rode in one competitive meeting on his 250. As for treading water, Dan chose to finish his education before fully committing to NL speedway!

As Skydog said, Dan rode in the SDL when he was old enough in 2017 and then had a year in the MDL/SDL (2018) to further his riding development whilst studying and completing his education. 

And although every speedway will fall off from either being knocked off or from a mistake they make, I'm not sure where you got "mechanical gremlins from" as there hasn't been any with the 500 machinery. 

If its the same Dan i remember he spent a lotvof time doing laps on a 250 but not improving greatly. That said he must have been doing something right to join the revolution stable while it was running.  

I recall the first full year there were many 6 scores but final heat falls or break downs / broken chains which sounds like gremlins to me.

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If its the same Dan i remember he spent a lotvof time doing laps on a 250 but not improving greatly. That said he must have been doing something right to join the revolution stable while it was running.  

I recall the first full year there were many 6 scores but final heat falls or break downs / broken chains which sounds like gremlins to me.

Cannot understand why Sings is keen to rubbish young Gilkes.  I have only watched him at Kent and have been amazed at his speed and tenacity in one so young.

If he had problems when riding a 250, he certainly learned a lot from it so Sings should be praising him, not putting him down to make himself look clever.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Cannot understand why Sings is keen to rubbish young Gilkes.  I have only watched him at Kent and have been amazed at his speed and tenacity in one so young.

If he had problems when riding a 250, he certainly learned a lot from it so Sings should be praising him, not putting him down to make himself look clever.

comes over too as a sensible lad.

didn't dive in to NDL last season when he might have done and I see not dived in to CL this season when no doubt some Clubs would be asking him to fill reserve slots.

I suspect he will do another 1-2 seasons in NDL and  do a deal for CL over the winter (if 3 tiers remain).

He lives in Midlands so any number of tracks would be likely destinations.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Certainly have no intentions to rubbish Dan at all and quite frankly his record in the NDL speaks for itself this season despite having the year hampered through injuries. 

The initial point which my posts were referring to was the readiness of riders and preparation prior to taking the step into National league racing although maybe not clearly worded enough. In reality the mistakes that were made during the early dev league matches probably taught Dan far more than those that he won by a distance and has helped mould him into a tremendously humble talent that he is today. 

On 9/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly have no intentions to rubbish Dan at all and quite frankly his record in the NDL speaks for itself this season despite having the year hampered through injuries. 

The initial point which my posts were referring to was the readiness of riders and preparation prior to taking the step into National league racing although maybe not clearly worded enough. In reality the mistakes that were made during the early dev league matches probably taught Dan far more than those that he won by a distance and has helped mould him into a tremendously humble talent that he is today. 

Wow.........what a profound thought. Totally unique.  I'll bet no one else had considered that !   Makes me feel "humble"

• Haha 1

Gilks has real potential,,fast from the gate ,and stylish in the bends a little more speed and he could  be right up there Like to see him in the championship next season..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, waco said:

Gilks has real potential,,fast from the gate ,and stylish in the bends a little more speed and he could  be right up there Like to see him in the championship next season..

Gilks, Palin are two that cannot be far away from championship level Palin in next year from the start.It is a jump but both can hold there own both riders very stylish Palin reminds a little like a young Joe Screen technically gifted.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Gilks, Palin are two that cannot be far away from championship level Palin in next year from the start.It is a jump but both can hold there own both riders very stylish Palin reminds a little like a young Joe Screen technically gifted.

Agreed. Palin should go well around Scunthorpe and if Gilkes can sign for a home track that suits him it will be a huge benefit in his opening CL year.  

3 hours ago, waco said:

Agressive as well.