British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Music to my ears if this gets go ahead.:D

Been calling for higher class Speedway for a while now.As well as Eastbourne ....any chance of another southern Club/s also in the Championship?

Depends if there is an NDL next season?

Nothing on Kent website about them going to the Championship and running NL.

Strange when they are usually so hot on the PR side of things.

What's really happening? Can we expect an official statement soon?

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Nothing on Kent website about them going to the Championship and running NL.

Strange when they are usually so hot on the PR side of things.

What's really happening? Can we expect an official statement soon?

Kent Kings PRO Derek Barclay has posted notice of the club's proposals for the 2020 season on FACEBOOK. 

17 minutes ago, gustix said:

Kent Kings PRO Derek Barclay has posted notice of the club's proposals for the 2020 season on FACEBOOK. 

Thank you for that.

However, why didn't deadpan Derek post the story on the club's official website, Not everyone has Facebook and Facebook obviously didn't think it would interest me, even though I am a speedway fan. However, I don't follow Kent on FB (or in real life) so I am afraid he has missed a trick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Thank you for that.

However, why didn't deadpan Derek post the story on the club's official website, Not everyone has Facebook and Facebook obviously didn't think it would interest me, even though I am a speedway fan. However, I don't follow Kent on FB (or in real life) so I am afraid he has missed a trick. 

Give him a break. His press releases are more honest than most clubs’. 

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

However, why didn't deadpan Derek post the story on the club's official website, Not everyone has Facebook and Facebook obviously didn't think it would interest me, even though I am a speedway fan.

I have Facebook, but I can't see this alleged posting of Kent's proposals for the 2020 season on the club's facebook page.

The last posting was at 22:20 on Monday night and was just the scorers from the play-off final.

Nothing new on the official website either.  And nothing on the official twitter feed @kent_kings

All I can see is an unofficial twitter account saying " BREAKING NEWS!!!! Len Silver has announced that The King's have applied to ride in the Championship next season with a WEDNESDAY racenite!! (sic) "

A link to the alleged official posting would be good...

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Thank you for that.

If you don’t follow Kent in real life why the hell would you give a toss if it’s on their website or not????????? 

• Like 1

Good luck to Len and his venture. “Top class international”? Looks like Kasper lykke coming to Kent then lol backed by boxhall when his bands lifted and Bowen putting his retirement on ice har har har 

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

If you don’t follow Kent in real life why the hell would you give a toss if it’s on their website or not????????? 

Simple answer: if the news is true, it will be the renewal of rivalry with Eastbourne. Went to Central Park when the Eagles were there in the NL. 

Living in Australia, you probably don't get the geography of how close the two clubs are to each other.

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Good luck to Len and his venture. “Top class international”? Looks like Kasper lykke coming to Kent then lol backed by boxhall when his bands lifted and Bowen putting his retirement on ice har har har 

Two laps Tommy Allen must be nailed on for a team place.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

When I heard the international rider quote, Kasper Lykke was the first man I thought of and feared.... haha

This Championship business could possibly  be fake....48 hours on from supposed announcement  and still no Kent club website update from the most assiduous of club PR men. Who set the hare running?

Either shambolic PR or fake news.

Hope we find out soon.

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

This Championship business could possibly  be fake....48 hours on from supposed announcement  and still no Kent club website update from the most assiduous of club PR men. Who set the hare running?

Either shambolic PR or fake news.

Hope we find out 

Wasn't it announced at the after meeting press conference on monday. I didn't hang around for it, with a 4.30am alarm call waiting for me in the morning.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Wasn't it announced at the after meeting press conference on monday. I didn't hang around for it, with a 4.30am alarm call waiting for me in the morning.

So it is claimed. However, if so, why has the assiduous  Mr Barclay not trumpeted the news in his usual way on Kent website?

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

So it is claimed. However, if so, why has the assiduous  Mr Barclay not trumpeted the news in his usual way on Kent website?

Who knows, who cares.