British Speedway Forum

Tbf until we meet the criteria set out it's only an application so could be seen as assumptious by the planning dept if they start publicising too much?

I also know Derek has recently moved house, so time for releases is probably limited at best.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, Skidder1 said:

Depends if there is an NDL next season?

There was an pre AGM last Monday, and the discussions then were based around 3 leagues again next year. Of course all needs ratifying at the actuall agm.

27 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

There was an pre AGM last Monday, and the discussions then were based around 3 leagues again next year. Of course all needs ratifying at the actuall agm.

Pre AGM for PL/CL was end of September

No Pre AGM for NDL yet held.

51 minutes ago, HGould said:

Pre AGM for PL/CL was end of September

No Pre AGM for NDL yet 

I dont think the NL have a pre AGM, they wait to see what crap has rolled down hill from the the big boy AGM and then make plans after that.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I dont think the NL have a pre AGM, they wait to see what crap has rolled down hill from the the big boy AGM and then make plans after that.

The NL AGM might be sooner than you think this year. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, Islander15 said:

The NL AGM might be sooner than you think this year. 

I've been out of touch for medical reasons for 3 weeks ( OK now) so I have not been keeping up to date. What is the latest

news about Kent running a National League side ?  I know most people are very happy that Kent have moved up, but I enjoy

the new young riders, making their mistakes and learning. It is fascinating. So I hope that there will be some NL stuff to

enjoy in 2020

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I've been out of touch for medical reasons for 3 weeks ( OK now) so I have not been keeping up to date. What is the latest

news about Kent running a National League side ?  I know most people are very happy that Kent have moved up, but I enjoy

the new young riders, making their mistakes and learning. It is fascinating. So I hope that there will be some NL stuff to

enjoy in 2020

If there is a NL then Kent will be in it, UNLESS they bring in any silly rules.

With 6 away fixtures between Poole, Somerset and Brum on weds that opens almost enough free dates for the NL fixtures.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 12:31 AM, teaboy279 said:

If there is a NL then Kent will be in it, UNLESS they bring in any silly rules.

With 6 away fixtures between Poole, Somerset and Brum on weds that opens almost enough free dates for the NL fixtures.

Will 6 home fixtures be enough to run in the N.L. ?  Doesn't seem like many to me

26 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Will 6 home fixtures be enough to run in the N.L. ?  Doesn't seem like many to me

I believe that Iwade can be used if dates run out at CP. But barring in mind we have always run weekly, to have the "senior" team having at least 6 weds away fixtures leaves a nice gap for the NL fixtures.

On 11/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, teaboy279 said:

I believe that Iwade can be used if dates run out at CP. But barring in mind we have always run weekly, to have the "senior" team having at least 6 weds away fixtures leaves a nice gap for the NL fixtures.

Well, how many teams are likely to be in the NL ? And..how many fixtures for the Championship and any other

minor competitions ?  And when will all this news be made public ?   Lots of doubt this year compared to the past.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:14 PM, East End Fan said:

Well, how many teams are likely to be in the NL ? And..how many fixtures for the Championship and any other

minor competitions ?  And when will all this news be made public ?   Lots of doubt this year compared to the past.

Until the AGM has sorted out exactly which teams have entered the NDL and then the format of the league no one knows what is happening. The AGM is on Tuesday (I am led to believe) and then I look forward to seeing good news about the NDL. 

UPDATE:- Statement from the BSPA

NATIONAL Development League clubs attended their AGM at Rugby on Tuesday.

The meeting was adjourned until December 16 when clubs should be in a position to finalise their declaration of intent to participate or otherwise.

The format of the competition can then also be finalised.

We thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

British Speedway Promoters' Association.

Edited by Chris116
More information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:16 AM, Chris116 said:

Until the AGM has sorted out exactly which teams have entered the NDL and then the format of the league no one knows what is happening. The AGM is on Tuesday (I am led to believe) and then I look forward to seeing good news about the NDL. 

UPDATE:- Statement from the BSPA

NATIONAL Development League clubs attended their AGM at Rugby on Tuesday.

The meeting was adjourned until December 16 when clubs should be in a position to finalise their declaration of intent to participate or otherwise.

The format of the competition can then also be finalised.

We thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

British Speedway Promoters' Association.

Well, that does not tell us very much !  Rather typical of the BSPA to keep everyone in the dark. Does anyone know why the meeting

was adjourned ?

The Cradley statement says that "The aim is to ultimately return the third tier to a junior development league" - could it be that with that in mind teams need time to assess whether they can take part?  Depending on how it will look I'm sure admission costs would need to adjust accordingly which may not suit standalone clubs with fixed costs

The stand alone clubs are in a no win situation. If the third tier is run along MDL lines, then you are probably looking at around £7 admissions tops. Nowhere near enough to cover their overheads, especially as their crowd levels are likely to drop. It's a fine balance between using young riders learning their trade and the oldies who are treading water, with very little chance of moving up. I don't envy the decision makers.

• Sad 1