British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Is there some suggestion that Jenkins has not been paid ?  I really find that hard to believe.  Does anyone know the facts ?

Wow i missed that one!

Ironscorpion can you please explain what you meant by Jenkins not being paid.   Where on earth have you got that from?

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Is there some suggestion that Jenkins has not been paid ?  I really find that hard to believe.  Does anyone know the facts ?

No, sorry. I am just pointing out the situation of banning riders. Cookie hits an official at the 4's a few years ago & gets away with it. At Eastie, he was wound up by the announcer, then took matters into his own hands by not waiting for all the introductions to take place & riding off, with 2 others following. He, also, this week rode onto a track when track work was being undertaken & had to have his cut out removed.

Josh Auty, 2 years ago for us, quit then changed his mind, & only got a 14 day ban.

This is where, I think, Jenkins should only get a 14 day ban.

The punishment doesnt fit the crime, jenkins made a snap decision to take a break, george woods got some issues at moment, both 28 days, cook as yet has done far far worse and not served one days ban, its cobblers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

It's not what you know, but who you know.

Twas ever thus in all walks of life.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:35 AM, skydog said:

Hi Sings, I know you're very knowledgeable, and always speak sense, but I'm wondering when did Dan Gilkes "tread water for a long time on a 500"? He was only just over 15 (and therefore only just on a 500) when he appeared for Reading in 2017 in his first SDL match and scored 6 (I think), and the following season he was so good in both the SDL and the MDL that the NL promoters were queueing up for him part way through the season. To be honest he could have gone NL at the start of 2018, he was quick enough.

Hi Skydog. Bad wording on my part there. I saw Dan several times on a 250 machine and he was going quick but nothing exceptional compared to seeing Ablitt, Edwards, Thompsons etc on the same machinery however the step up in class saw him make huge strides in his first dev league season often missing out on maximums due to silly falls / mechanical gremlins if i recall. 

Ben Morley is a very late replacement in the young lions team this evening ..due to a late withdrawal  6-30 pm mon 2nd sept

6 hours ago, waco said:

Ben Morley is a very late replacement in the young lions team this evening ..due to a late withdrawal  6-30 pm mon 2nd sept

But Morley isn’t riding. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:15 AM, Mike0310 said:

That’s not helping Kent’s cause is it.

some might call it average lowering . and a hell of a lot more , would say wallinger has only ever been any good in his own mind , and a lovely chap to boot , that's why he's been dropped by every club he's ridden for .and theres not many he hasn't . god only knows why teams keep giving him places .

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, IronScorpion said:

No, sorry. I am just pointing out the situation of banning riders. Cookie hits an official at the 4's a few years ago & gets away with it. At Eastie, he was wound up by the announcer, then took matters into his own hands by not waiting for all the introductions to take place & riding off, with 2 others following. He, also, this week rode onto a track when track work was being undertaken & had to have his cut out removed.

Josh Auty, 2 years ago for us, quit then changed his mind, & only got a 14 day ban.

This is where, I think, Jenkins should only get a 14 day ban.

The officious he lumped at the 4's deserved it .  same official had hit 2 other people in the same season

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Blooming late withdrawal considering no-one was racing yesterday....glad im not a sceptic :rofl:

There are reasons besides injury that can keep a rider away from a meeting.Obviously I DON"T KNOW but he may need to be placed near to somewhere with an open seat??? And one cannot get a doctor's certificate for that ailment if it's the case.

Edited by Guest

Well Ben Morley did ride and scored 13 points in a match won by Kent 48-42

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waco said:

Well Ben Morley did ride and scored 13 points in a match won by Kent 48-42

Updates were still reporting it as Lawlor initially. 

12 hours ago, gustix said:

There are reasons besides injury that can keep a rider away from a meeting.Obviously I DON"T KNOW but he may need to be placed near to somewhere with an open seat??? And one cannot get a doctor's certificate for that ailment if it's the case.

Or it could be exactly the opposite .and he can't ride because he's full of it :D