British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Agressive as well.

Gilkes to Birmingham - you read it here first - Midlands based and suit him ideally. :drink:(a fair bit of wishful thinking).

Think a fair few will be in for him and not just at CL level as remember reading wasn't happy Kent didn't have Saturday race night he was promised.

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Gilkes to Birmingham - you read it here first - Midlands based and suit him ideally. :drink:(a fair bit of wishful thinking).

Think a fair few will be in for him and not just at CL level as remember reading wasn't happy Kent didn't have Saturday race night he was promised.

Are you optimistic you will run next season. I've been to five meetings at Brum this year, and apart from the Glasgow and Leicester matches, the crowds were poor.

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Are you optimistic you will run next season. I've been to five meetings at Brum this year, and apart from the Glasgow and Leicester matches, the crowds were poor.

If you'd have asked me end of June I'd have said I agree we might not run CL but things have picked up numbers and enthusiasm wise in the past couple of months, especially since school holidays and I would be more hopeful.

I think CL would have to remain same or may be reduce costs a bit more for that to happen though and may be run a shorter season?

Surrounded as we are by football (4 clubs in 10 mile radius + Wolves soccer and speedway) I think late April to late August is best for us. Had no luck with weather and power issues (ahem) earlier on either too much stop/start. 

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you'd have asked me end of June I'd have said I agree we might not run CL but things have picked up numbers and enthusiasm wise in the past couple of months, especially since school holidays and I would be more hopeful.

I think CL would have to remain same or may be reduce costs a bit more for that to happen though and may be run a shorter season?

Surrounded as we are by football (4 clubs in 10 mile radius + Wolves soccer and speedway) I think late April to late August is best for us. Had no luck with weather and power issues (ahem) earlier on either too much stop/start. 

The Mason's need to run a slicker show as well. Starting the parade at 7.25pm is ridiculous with a curfew. Kent have learned from that this season, with the first race starting dead on 6.30pm.

51 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The Mason's need to run a slicker show as well. Starting the parade at 7.25pm is ridiculous with a curfew. Kent have learned from that this season, with the first race starting dead on 6.30pm.

Edited by HGould
deleted as not relevant to Kent thread

On 9/9/2019 at 1:56 PM, cityrebel said:

I have noticed that meetings this year have started much sharper at 6.30 and most weeks I have been back home by just after 9 even though

I live roughly 45 minutes away.  Suits me fine.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 11:40 AM, whistlegang said:

Kent will win the league next season. Remember this post!

On 12/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

League or Play Offs?

On 12/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, whistlegang said:

Both.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, gazzac said:

Logged in the memory :)

I did log it and thought I'd just remind others ( tongue in cheek post, bored on a wet day) :rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 2

Kent have applied to race in the SGB Championship in 2020 on a Wednesday night.

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I wonder what nearby residents will think about this. We might find a few 'storms in the tea cup' over the night change. Hopefully NOT of course.

In addition to our National League side it should be noted, not instead of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

In addition to our National League side it should be noted, not instead of.

Kent in the Championship and the National Development League is a very welcome announcement. I look forward to a visit (or three) next year.

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

Kent in the Championship and the National Development League is a very welcome announcement. I look forward to a visit (or three) next year.

It wasn't me interviewing Len as I had to shoot of too work, but i think it's very much dependant on getting planning to race wednesdays.

Kent already have planning for Wednesdays. Maybe it has to be rubber stamped by the council 1st but I don't see why.  

I guess the impossible task of getting a later start/finish time for the nights tv cameras are in town has scuppered plans for the premier league.  It would be good if Kent can apply to get an extension of time in the event of an ambulance on track (maybe 15mins) for next season. 

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

Music to my ears if this gets go ahead.:D

Been calling for higher class Speedway for a while now.As well as Eastbourne ....any chance of another southern Club/s also in the Championship?

Edited by blueherb777