British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That would leave a 4 and a bit point hole, not really any riders around on that average...the return of Bradley Andrews? Can't help but feel that Kent have blundered the team building this year....

I think a certain 2 pointer from across the border would take place too. It would seem Kent wanted a higher limit, and put all their eggs in one basket once the team had been built with Ledwith and Gilkes, loyalty to Anders and the idea of having a 7 pointer in Jenkins at number 5. Loyalty to spooner too. But being slow off the mark trying to get another 4 point rider has failed and now all the other riders are taken so they will take the heat leaders they thought would have fitted with that 4 pointer and use a 2 pointer. Having said that it’s one of the strongest bottom ends we’ve seen in many a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That would leave a 4 and a bit point hole, not really any riders around on that average...the return of Bradley Andrews? Can't help but feel that Kent have blundered the team building this year....

Nothing  new there then :rolleyes:

Why has the team building been blundered, just because you have not been told the full line up, that's not to say the full line up has not been signed already.

3 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

I think you’ll find it will be a Mancunian rider 

We had to drop Armo from the plans due to the 2nd tier, 4+ ave ruling.

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Any news on the final decision.

That's application appears to be resubmitted without the change of times, just being allowed to run Saturday evening's.

I had my letter come through from the council today. It says any responses after 21 days may not be used as the decision could of been made by then. So hopefully more clarity within a month.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

We had to drop Armo from the plans due to the 2nd tier, 4+ ave ruling.

I can’t get my head around the specifics of this rule. It seems to be very oddly applied even if the principle makes sense. 

It’s a shame because with 9.7 to play with these riders are still available. 

Smith baseby bowtell Thomas Kemp roynon Bailey Kingsley Davey Bowen 

but remove Roynan and Bowen due to their high previous cl avg and I’m not sureness it davey came overboard in the championship on an assessed Australian avg? 

Saturday nights rules out Thomas and Bowtell. Kemp is the best bet but I doubt he will take it as previously stated he will join Ipswich. Leaving smith Baseby Bailey but I still have a feeling Hopwood is in the mix somewhere due to his prior connections maybe time will tell

34 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

Ablitt signs 

Huge signing for Kent as many would/should have been chasing this signature. Very talented young rider with good backing which makes a huge difference even at this level. 

As for the other rider absolutely no idea but the tail of the Kent side is very strong even if the heat leaders are not the strongest they certainly won't be the worst. Could have been wrong about this Kent side but coming in under the lowered points limit raises some alarms.

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Huge signing for Kent as many would/should have been chasing this signature. Very talented young rider with good backing which makes a huge difference even at this level. 

As for the other rider absolutely no idea but the tail of the Kent side is very strong even if the heat leaders are not the strongest they certainly won't be the worst. Could have been wrong about this Kent side but coming in under the lowered points limit raises some alarms.

Only issue is with injuries early on in the averages being lower for a replacement 

• Like 1

The plus side is that Kent should have any combination of Gilkes, Ablitt, Ledwith & Spooner at reserve across the season which would be very potent plus with the first 3 likely to make a mockery of their averages (and the reduced points limit skewing the numbers further) the overall team total will look much higher when the first set are released.

Oh without a doubt. Best team Kent have assembled (if they had an out and out number 1) it’s only taken Eastbourne to move up a league for Len to be competitive  har har har 

• Haha 1