British Speedway Forum
stewmac

2019 Extraliga fixtures?

On 12/11/2018 at 12:43 PM, racers and royals said:

Normally would have been by the end of this week- however with Rzeszow and Lodz in all sorts of trouble that might not happen- I would think that Saturday`s  will be used for a TV match to go with the Sunday TV match and the rest of the fixtures(Sunday)

Could be wrong but I think Lodz are about to start selling season tickets.

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Could be wrong but I think Lodz are about to start selling season tickets.

You are not wrong- agreement has been reached with the club and the local authority for the speedway club to use the stadium in 2019(the club will be responsible for the track prep) and Lodz expect no problems in getting their licence from the PZM and therefore are selling season tickets from tomorrow.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

You are not wrong- agreement has been reached with the club and the local authority for the speedway club to use the stadium in 2019(the club will be responsible for the track prep) and Lodz expect no problems in getting their licence from the PZM and therefore are selling season tickets from tomorrow.

Good.  It would have been an awfful waste to see a sparkling new stadium go to ruin.   Common sence prevails. 

No Ekstraliga fixtures the weekend of the Warsaw GP and none close to Wroclaw on the weekend of their GP. Imagine the stick the BSPA would be getting if they had organised this? But Poland is the example we should all be following, remember.

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

No Ekstraliga fixtures the weekend of the Warsaw GP and none close to Wroclaw on the weekend of their GP. Imagine the stick the BSPA would be getting if they had organised this? But Poland is the example we should all be following, remember.

What top tier teams are close to Warsaw ?     Maybe some 2nd/3rd tier matches will be scheduled when fixtures are announced.  

Ostrów, Rawicz and Rybnik, as well as Opole are not too far away. All between 1-2 hours. Personally, I'll be delighted if Rybnik are at home, their stadium will be full and it's a great atmosphere there.

As reported by pzm.pl, the Presidium of the Main Board of the Polish Motor Association on 19/12/2018 made decisions regarding the Speedway Club Orzeł Łódź (including the appeal, granting of an ordinary license) and Speedway Stal Rzeszów Spółka Akcyjna (dismissal of the appeal and refusal to grant the license).

Communication regarding decisions taken by the Presidium of the Main Board of the Polish Motor Association:

1. Klub Żużlowy Orzeł Łódź:

The Presidium of ZG PZM decided to include the appeal and change the contested decision by granting an ordinary license to the Speedway Club "Orzeł" Łódź;

2. Speedway Stal Rzeszów Spółka Akcyjna:

The Presidium of ZG PZM decided to dismiss the appeal and maintain the appealed decision refusing to grant the Speedway Stal Rzeszów SA license.

No Rzeszow next season that Nawrocki guy is one shady character i am not surprised by that move by PZM at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pawel115 said:

No Rzeszow next season that Nawrocki guy is one shady character i am not surprised by that move by PZM at all.

What a waste of a lovely stadium.

So will Greg Hancock and others be looking further afield for a team place??

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So will Greg Hancock and others be looking further afield for a team place??

ALL been released from their contracts and are free to go elsewhere. If this was Britain they would stay as assets for eternity...

Is there any advantage of buying tickets for Ekstraliga fixtures in advance?

8 hours ago, Col said:

Is there any advantage of buying tickets for Ekstraliga fixtures in advance?

It really depends on which home club it is and who they are against- If you wanted to watch Lublin at home i would suggest that all their matches will sell out. Leszno and Czestochowa for instances although well supported are big stadiums and almost certainly would not sell out. Friday matches might not be so popular as Sunday`s however. With the clubs ticket sales  appearing to be more friendly to us foreigners these days !! i think i would buy before i went- most i think are "E" tickets(print at home) and presumably with most of the stadiums seating you can choose where to sit.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, will purchase Lublin tickets in advance. Lord knows whats going on in Czestochowa the night we are there (Wroclaw are the visitors), but almost all the hotels are sold out.

9 hours ago, Col said:

Ok thanks, will purchase Lublin tickets in advance. Lord knows whats going on in Czestochowa the night we are there (Wroclaw are the visitors), but almost all the hotels are sold out.

That`s Whitsun which i think is when Catholic`s visit Czestochowa as it is steeped  in Catholic history.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1