British Speedway Forum
stewmac

2019 Extraliga fixtures?

On 12/25/2018 at 11:41 AM, racers and royals said:

That`s Whitsun which i think is when Catholic`s visit Czestochowa as it is steeped  in Catholic history.

see, was aware the day we flew back was a BHM. Will have to see if the amassed God Botherers mean we can't see the Black Madonna.

I filled a lifetime of boots worth of Madonna paintings in Florence so if it's off limits, so be it.

Just for interest what time of day / night  are the Friday fixtures going to start. Seems a bit of a push to have 2 matches on a Friday night

43 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Just for interest what time of day / night  are the Friday fixtures going to start. Seems a bit of a push to have 2 matches on a Friday night

As a guess both UK times 4.30pm and 7.00pm

Edited by racers and royals

Sportowefakty are reporting that the Nice Polska and div 2 leagues 1st round matches will be on the last weekend of March- 1 week before the Extraleague get underway. They are also saying that the round dates are known(not published) but no news on when the fixtures will be released.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Sportowefakty are reporting that the Nice Polska and div 2 leagues 1st round matches will be on the last weekend of March- 1 week before the Extraleague get underway. They are also saying that the round dates are known(not published) but no news on when the fixtures will be released.

Yes, the issue remains the problem of what to do since Rzeszów were expelled from Nice 1 league. That cut the number of teams from 8 to 7, and although the fixtures were already planned and known, they have not released them, as you say R&R. Attempts to coax one of the other 2nd division teams to step up to Nice 1 league to replace Rzeszów have so far failed, with all citing the increased financial implications as too great to be worth the risk. 

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Well I for one am waiting somewhat anxiously...

57 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Well I for one am waiting somewhat anxiously...

Sportowefackty are this morning reporting that Tomasz Gollob has urged the chairman of Bydgoszcz to consider taking up the vacant slot in Nice 1 league. 

6 hours ago, stewmac said:

Sportowefackty are this morning reporting that Tomasz Gollob has urged the chairman of Bydgoszcz to consider taking up the vacant slot in Nice 1 league. 

great track, would be a good addition.    If any club jumps up to League 1 it would mean the team built for League 2 would have to be scrapped and they start again.   Lots of riders could be put out of work after signing contracts ??

Hancock to Bydgoszcz from Rzeszow ??

Edited by Mark

6 hours ago, stewmac said:

So he’s been talking to his dad :D

53 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

New regime in place for 2019 - Jerzy Kanclerz is the new president.

I knew I was gonna get it wrong but typed it anyway cos thought it was funny.

Bitkosh should do it to get back on the map both in the sport and also in the city.

8 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I knew I was gonna get it wrong but typed it anyway cos thought it was funny.

Bitkosh should do it to get back on the map both in the sport and also in the city.

It was funny ;) Sadly the stadium needs so much spent on it i can`t see the local authority stumping up enough cash  https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/796161/stadion-bez-trybuny-i-parku-maszyn-remont-polonii-coraz-bardziej-smierdzi

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It was funny ;) Sadly the stadium needs so much spent on it i can`t see the local authority stumping up enough cash  https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/796161/stadion-bez-trybuny-i-parku-maszyn-remont-polonii-coraz-bardziej-smierdzi

Like we already know and you just said again, city councils pay a lot of the money in speedway. But not just in speedway. Tomek Valtonen is a Finnish ice hockey coach in Poland  and in Polish ice hockey league and said the same... 

so they should try their best to get back on it. Before the only thing forward is to first put the whole thing down with a huge bang.

Maybe 3 leagues are too many even in Poland to sustain.   Have 10 in the top league and 10 in the NIce league.    Rules could change to stop the bigger clubs having all the best riders.  :D

Edited by Mark