British Speedway Forum
stewmac

2019 Extraliga fixtures?

Bydgoszcz would be the obvious candidate, the track hosted the SWC less than 5 years ago ( what a night it was). Stadium is in desperate need of investment & TLC. But a great track, with great history.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Maybe 3 leagues are too many even in Poland to sustain.   Have 10 in the top league and 10 in the NIce league.    Rules could change to stop the bigger clubs having all the best riders.  :D

They tried that in 2016, but Rawicz and Opoole were so overmatched that they only rode home fixtures. One of the oddest looking league tables of all time

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

They tried that in 2016, but Rawicz and Opoole were so overmatched that they only rode home fixtures. One of the oddest looking league tables of all time

didn't know that.  thanks for the knowledge

Edited by Mark

This is a google translation of    http://www.polskizuzel.pl/pzm-oglasza-konkurs-dzika-karte-nice-1-lz/

In connection with the non-receipt of a license by Stal Rzeszów, the Presidium of the General Board of PZM decided to launch a competition for a wild card for starts at Nice 1.LŻ.

Applications will be accepted by January 11 via email. The correspondence about the detailed conditions of the wild card competition has already come to the clubs. It is to be resolved on January 15.

• Like 1

Yesterday evening a long-awaited decision was made regarding the final shape of the Nice 1st Speedway League. 

We would like to kindly inform you that in connection with the announcement of the wild card entitling them to participate in the DM I League in the 2019 season, the Presidium of PZM did not select any offer.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yesterday evening a long-awaited decision was made regarding the final shape of the Nice 1st Speedway League. 

We would like to kindly inform you that in connection with the announcement of the wild card entitling them to participate in the DM I League in the 2019 season, the Presidium of PZM did not select any offer.

Not totally unexpected  - 7 teams in Nice Polska ? 6 home matches is hardly a season !! however meeting twice H & A is probably too many fixtures. Wonder what they will do ?

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Fixtures for Nice Polska( and presumably Div 2) are out tomorrow.

To fill the stadiums maybe they could have a knockout cup competition witb one invited team from League 2 ?  Won't happen of course but it's a terrible waste to have only 6 home fixtures in 365 days.   Big loss for the riders too. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Not totally unexpected  - 7 teams in Nice Polska ? 6 home matches is hardly a season !! however meeting twice H & A is probably too many fixtures. Wonder what they will do ?

12 home fixtures too many in Poland?

Just now, eric i said:

It is when they race once a week- that`s 24 weeks for regular season. Maybe the top 4 will go into a revised play-off and have a mini-league(3 home matches) then a final between top 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eric i said:

One match per week needs 24 weekends to fit all the matches plus play off's and promotion play off weekends.  Possible to do if teams ride two matches per week on some occasions.

I thought I read somewhere that the second division was starting in March this year, 24 weekends would take them to the beginning of September.

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

I thought I read somewhere that the second division was starting in March this year, 24 weekends would take them to the beginning of September.

TBC tomorrow but they start one week before the top division.    Your schedule leaves no space for rain off's or SoN etc but maybe they will do it.

I doubt they will do it but if they start in March that's going to be 1 home meeting a month, can you imagine the outcry if they did that in this country.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, eric i said:

I doubt they will do it but if they start in March that's going to be 1 home meeting a month, can you imagine the outcry if they did that in this country.

Its one meeting less than normal so doubtful there will be too many moans.  Apart from those with season tickets already bought.    There must be plans to run more fixtures as 6 days use for a stadium in 365 has to be a waste.     Lodz's new stadium cost a fortune to build so they must want to get some money back in gate takings.

Edited by Mark