British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fourentee

Commentator of the Year

Thanks for the information on Freeview. I certainly haven’t got it but will reload and see what happens.

I have noticed that Freeview channels are different, depending on where you live. 

Missed the Speedway Star feature in the summer. 

Probably appeared when I was on holiday and didn’t get the magazine.

Freeview needs to be the HD version to get channel 95 as I understand it. I can't get channel 95 sadly as I am in an area that doesn't seem to work, South West London being the middle of nowhere according to Freeview! 

I have Freeview HD but lost Freesports when the last re-tune occurred. Apparently I need a new aerial. Thanks Freeview!

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Missed the Speedway Star feature in the summer. 

Probably appeared when I was on holiday and didn’t get the magazine.

It’s not unlikely that Dave will have several spares should you feel the need!

• Like 1

Congratulations to Dave Goddard. Clear speaker and his interaction wit the fans on live tv with twitter is excellent.

as for King Lynn, you must be joking! Terrible track nowdays.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Freeview needs to be the HD version to get channel 95 as I understand it. I can't get channel 95 sadly as I am in an area that doesn't seem to work, South West London being the middle of nowhere according to Freeview! 

Certainly the middle of nowhere as far as having a speedway track, sadly. Let’s hope for better times.

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Congratulations to Dave Goddard. Clear speaker and his interaction wit the fans on live tv with twitter is excellent.

Well done Dave, well deserved. A different type of commentating. Agree with you Steve re his interaction with the fans during meetings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Certainly the middle of nowhere as far as having a speedway track, sadly. Let’s hope for better times.

During my lifetime I have gone to Speedway meetings by public transport at Wimbledon, Hackney, West Ham, New Cross, Crayford, Wembley, Rye House and Poole. Only the last one of them is still open and costs over £40 even with a Senior Railcard plus admission and I don't get home until nearly 2am so I have given that up as a bad job. A few years ago it was possible to get cheap rail tickets on the Waterloo to Poole line and I usually included a trip to the Swanage Railway during the day which at least meant a rain-off was not a complete waste of money! The others I went to while at school/work even midweek. 

The award to King's Lynn seems odd but well done and well deserved, Dave Goddard.

Perhaps next year the awards could be better publicised and we could get a big speedway vote organised in all of the relevant categories.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

The award to King's Lynn seems odd but well done and well deserved, Dave Goddard.

Perhaps next year the awards could be better publicised and we could get a big speedway vote organised in all of the relevant categories.

From the make up of the shortlists it looks like the King's Lynn nomination was for its stock car presence. With Mount Panorama on the list it's hard to believe that any other track got a look in but it only came 8th of 10. The only speedway relevance I could see was Drew Kemp in the Young Rider category who was 10th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I get it just down the road from you in sunny Surrey. Maybe it's a postcode thing!

7 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

From the make up of the shortlists it looks like the King's Lynn nomination was for its stock car presence. With Mount Panorama on the list it's hard to believe that any other track got a look in but it only came 8th of 10. The only speedway relevance I could see was Drew Kemp in the Young Rider category who was 10th.

The live stream analysis from the awards did mention the quality of speedway at Lynn.

• Thanks 1

King's Lynn track of the year?? Who the f' voted for that :blink:

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes well done Dave. As for track, I thought Poole would of been a shoe in.