British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2019

Seeing as the other thread isn't really a team topic now.

Mildenhall tonight announced Danny Ayres as the 1st signing for the new season.Great start 

• Like 1

Great start but the NDL has been rebooted (not that I agree) and Danny should not be part of the league's brave new world.

28 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Great start but the NDL has been rebooted (not that I agree) and Danny should not be part of the league's brave new world.

Trouble is Richard that opportunities in the CL are few and far between especially as it’s such a northern based league.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Why shouldn't he ?

Just now, Richard Weston said:

Too old

Every team needs a rider of some experience in to help the young riders along though. What he brought to the team last year was incredible.

• Like 1

I do not disagree on  that.

However, the BSPA have very much made the third tier development rather than division three.

I don’t see the development potential. 

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I do not disagree on  that.

However, the BSPA have very much made the third tier development rather than division three.

I don’t see the development potential. 

Well they haven't really otherwise there would be an age limit? 

Anyway.Welcome back Danny

• Like 2

I love Danny as much as the next and every team needs one, I know he’s a late starter. But he really needs to kick on out of this league. I don’t think an age limit but I think a time limit on how long you can be in the nl? 3-4 season back to back maybe? 5 at max? As I think Danny started in 2013/14? 

Ayres is a victim of the low Championship points limit when he’s not a 2 pointer and tbh he’s been lucky to have a loyal club like Mildenhall to not be a victim of the NL’s low point limit. As they could’ve easily chosen have chosen Kemp or Bailey as their number 1. It makes you think though that the team is essentially already signed and is very close to the points limit, to choose Ayres over Kemp. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Ayres is a victim of the low Championship points limit when he’s not a 2 pointer and tbh he’s been lucky to have a loyal club like Mildenhall to not be a victim of the NL’s low point limit. As they could’ve easily chosen have chosen Kemp or Bailey as their number 1. It makes you think though that the team is essentially already signed and is very close to the points limit, to choose Ayres over Kemp. 

With us announcing a rider every day this week. It would suggest we are sorted already.

Plus with Kemp signing for a Sunday track he wasn't likely to figure 

Edited by adz_mft

Wallinger signs